These Pizza Egg Muffins are a healthy, make ahead breakfast packed with protein and veggies. They’re toddler and kid-friendly and perfect for busy mornings.
The morning rush is no joke, and making a healthy breakfast for your kids can often feel next-to-impossible.
That’s why we created a quick and easy make-ahead recipe that can be stored in your fridge, and quickly reheated for a healthy, protein-packed breakfast. And trust us, these delicious Pizza Egg Muffins will quickly become a favorite with your kids – even picky toddlers. I mean, who doesn’t like pizza?!
Egg muffins are essentially mini omelets that are baked in a muffin pan – sort of like crustless quiches. And the recipe we created takes all of the flavors your family knows and loves of pizza, and combines it into a fluffy breakfast egg muffin. Yum!
Not only are these pizza muffins a great way to start your family’s day with tons of protein power from the eggs, but they also include a healthy serving of veggies.
With these delicious pizza egg bites, you’ll have a healthy breakfast for your kids ready to go every morning – you’ll never have to turn to sugary cereals or no-nutrient bagels ever again!
They also work great as an easy snack, and can easily be packed in your kids’ lunchbox.
Follow the recipe below to make these delicious Pizza Egg Muffins:
What You’ll Need
To make this healthy make ahead breakfast, you’ll need the following ingredients (scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and all the specific measurements on the recipe card):
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza Sauce
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Pizza Egg Muffins – Step by Step Instructions
First, whisk the egg and milk in a large bowl until well incorporated. Be careful not to overbeat.
Then mix in flour with the egg mixture.
Next, stir in the chopped spinach, pizza sauce and seasonings.
Prepare a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners and spray with cooking spray (we recommend avocado oil spray). Silicone muffin liners also work well.
Evenly pour the egg mixture into the muffin pan.
Top with chopped pepperoni and grated mozzarella cheese.
Place in a 350F oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are no longer wet and spring back to the touch.
Remove the pepperoni pizza egg cups from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Serve with extra pizza or marinara sauce for dipping if desired.
Easy Recipe Adaptions
We love that these Pizza Egg Muffins are such a versatile recipe that can be customized to suit your family’s preferences. You can use the base ingredients (egg, milk, pizza sauce and seasonings) and adjust the pizza toppings you add to match your child’s favorites:
- Keep it simple and omit the pepperoni, adding extra cheese instead
- Sub the pepperoni for turkey pepperoni, bacon, sausage, ground beef, prosciutto or pancetta
- Add additional chopped veggies like bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli or red onion
- Experiment with different cheeses like cheddar, feta, parmesan or a zesty Mexican blend
- Add in additional seasonings like chopped basil or other fresh herbs
How to Store Your Pizza Egg Muffins
Once your Pizza Egg Muffins have fully cooled, you can gobble them up, or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Eat them cold, or reheat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds. We recommend placing a damp paper towel over them, or wrapping them in parchment paper so that the steam helps them stay juicy and fluffy!
You can also opt to freeze them. Simply place them in a plastic freezer bag (remove as much air as possible) and store for up to 2 months. Defrost at room temperature or in the microwave.
Why You’ll Love These Pizza Egg Muffins:
- Nutritious Meal: The best part about these Pizza Egg Muffins is that they’re made from wholesome, good-for-you ingredients. They’re protein-packed thanks to the eggs, and can include a ton of veggies.
- Quick & Easy Make-Ahead Recipe: You can make a whole batch of these make-ahead breakfast egg muffins in 30 minutes, start to finish. And you don’t need any fancy equipment – just 1 bowl and a muffin tin. Include these in your meal prep for the week and you’ll have a healthy quick breakfast ready to go. They are an absolute life saver on busy mornings!
- Easy to Adapt: Use our suggested adaptations above to customize this egg muffin recipe so it’s perfect for your whole family. Serve with a side of whole grain toast, avocado slices or marinara sauce for dipping.
- Anytime Snack or Meal: These egg bites can be part of a quick, healthy breakfast, but work just as well as a lunch or dinner option. They also make a perfect grab-n-go snack or can easily be packed in your child’s lunchbox.
- Delicious! These Pizza Egg Muffins have a moist, fluffy texture and the yummy savory flavors of your favorite pizza slice that will please even the pickiest eaters. Trust us, they will not last long!
So when busy mornings strike, whip up a batch of these delicious Pizza Egg Muffins, and you’ll have a quick and healthy breakfast ready-to-go for your whole crew.