Caroline Foss | Sep 19, 2017 | 0
23 Genius Twists On The Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
Do you have a child that will only eat peanut butter and jelly? We’ve all been there! If you’re stuck in a serious PB&J rut, then check out these inventive new ways to recreate this kid’s classic. You’ll keep your PB&J monster happy, and make all of their friends peanut butter and jealous.
(Note: all of these recipes can easily be made peanut‐free by swapping out the peanut butter with your favorite alternative like almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower butter.)
PIN for when it’s Peanut Butter Jelly time!
- PB&J Oatmeal – This gluten‐free and vegan recipe is a healthy way to start your PB&J day! (via Bakerita)
- Cinnamon Toast PB&J – Your kids will love this breakfast/lunch mashup (via Two Peas & Their Pod)
- PB&J Crepes – Make your kids say “ooh la la” with this fun take on the French classic (via Weelicious)
- PB&J Pop Tarts – Your kids will have a blast baking these fun homemade pop‐tarts (via Life Made Simple)
- PB&J Smoothie – A perfect on‐the‐go breakfast and it’s sugar and dairy‐free! (via The Best of this Life)
- PB&J French Toast – Hosting a sleepover? This twist on French toast is sure to put a smile on your kids’ faces (via tbsp.)
- PB&J Crumb Muffins – Is it breakfast? Is it a snack? Is it a cookie‐muffin hybrid dessert? Any way you look at it, we think your kids are bound to enjoy these! (via How Sweet It Is)
- Mini PB&J Waffles – Because every kid likes freezer waffles right?! (via Cooking Classy)
- PB&J Burrito – We went straight to the source with this fun lunch idea from Jif® brand
- Peanut Butter, Strawberry & Banana Quesadillas – A fun twist on a Tex‐Mex classic (via Texanerin)
- PB&J “Donut” Sandwich – A donut for lunch? Well, sort of! (via Fork & Beans)
- PB&J Banana Pancake Sandwiches – Put those leftover pancakes to work and pop these into your kids’ lunchboxes for a fun surprise (via The Bakermama)
- PB&J Snake Skewers – What’s more fun than getting your kids to say “shish kabob”? Snake shish kabob, of course! (via Fork & Beans)
- PB&J Sushi Rolls – This clever take on roll‐ups keeps the lunch box fun (via Cooking Classy)
snacks + treats
- Vegan PB&J Cups – Try these when you’re craving a little treat (via Love Me, Feed Me)
- Vegan PB&J Crumble Bars – A sassier take on the kids classic, these vegan and no sugar added bars are the perfect mid‐day snack (via Love Me, Feed Me)
- Peanut Butter Jelly Banana Bread – With a hint of dark chocolate swirled in, this modern twist on banana bread is sure to be a family favorite (via Wholesome Patisserie)
- PB&J Yogurt Parfaits – Parfaits are such a fun snack for kids and you can let them do the layering (via Cupcakes & Kale Chips)
- Frozen Peanut Butter Berry Pops – These cool, healthy, protein‐packed pops are sure to be a hit on a hot day (via Super Healthy Kids)
- PB&J No Bake Energy Bites – Try this healthy no‐bake option for an afterschool snack or playdate munchies (via Minimalist Baker)
- PB&J Frozen Yogurt Bark – A great summer snack (or enjoy year‐round, we won’t judge!) (via My Fussy Eater)
- PB&J Granola – A super‐easy and yummy snack mix that the kids can make on their own (via Wee Little Vegans)
- PB&J Applewich – Perfect for a snack or for kids who are gluten‐sensitive (via One Sweet Appetite)
What are some of your favorite twists on the PB&J? Comment and let us know!
Before you go, we’d love to have you join our What Moms Love community and we’ll hook you up with all of our exclusive resources including our popular 10 Screen‐Free Toys For Guaranteed Quiet Time (this is seriously a game changer mamas!), Holiday/Birthday Coupon Book for Kids and 35 Food Subs & Swaps for Healthy Family Meals. Just let us know where to send all your goodies!
Become an exclusive subscriber
Join over 300,000 subscribers & social media followers and gain access to exclusive content, freebies, discounts and more!
About the Author:
Melissa is a recovering social media and marketing pro who has dreams of traveling the world. A beach bum at heart, she loves a good pair of shoes, but is happiest in flip flops. She lives in Massachusetts with two energetic blonde children and a hockey‐coaching husband, and decompresses by escaping to the beach, watching reality TV or reading a good book. Oh, and she makes a mean mojito. 😉