Want the best ideas for a bake sale? This epic list of bake sale treats has easy, delicious recipes that will stand-out and sell out!
Have a bake sale coming up and not quite sure what to make?
We’ve scoured thousands of recipes, and pulled together only the best ideas for bake sale treats that are bound to draw a crowd to your bake sale table. In fact, we’re pretty sure these sweet treats will sell out fast, ultimately helping your fundraiser earn more cash!
Whether you’re feeling adventurous and want to try a fun and unique baked treat (Rainbow Marbled Pop Tarts anyone?), or you prefer to stick to classic, tried-and-true recipes (hello, Chocolate Chip Cookies!), this list of creative bake sale ideas has it all.
We’ve picked recipes that not only taste good, but LOOK good too! Because let’s face it, you need your bake sale items to stand-out at your event, and guests will buy what looks best – especially kids. That’s why many of our bake sale picks are brightly colored and have fun, yummy toppings (think marshmallows, sprinkles, candy and more!).
And we’ve made sure that these bake sale ideas include recipes for all tastes – from cookies and brownies, to granola bars, cupcakes, muffins and breads. Plus, plenty of healthy recipes for those that aren’t looking to indulge, but still want to make a purchase. We’ve even included allergy friendly bake sale treats to make sure that no one has to miss out on the goodies.
So whether you’re baking for a school bake sale fundraiser, a church charity event, a workplace celebration, or other special occasion, any of these bake sale ideas are bound to be a huge hit.
Ready to get baking? Let’s jump right in!
PIN for when you need the best bake sale ideas for fundraising:
The Best Bake Sale Cookie Recipes
Cookies are always a popular choice, and a great go-to for any bake sale. There are so many tasty options that range from classic to creative, and we’ve pulled together all of our favorites here. We especially love that cookies are easy to individually wrap, making them a perfect option for your event.
(1) If you thought Neapolitan was only for ice cream, these Neapolitan Cookies are here to show you otherwise. We love the unique blend of fresh strawberry, rich chocolate and classic vanilla – all in one cookie! (via Grandbaby Cakes)
(2) Bake sale shoppers won’t be able to resist these colorful Jello Cookies – especially kids! (via Amanda’s Cookin)
(3) When in doubt, add sprinkles, right?! These Funfetti Cookies are bound to attract a crowd and be a huge success. (via My Baking Addiction)
(4) Lucky Charms Cookies add a fun twist to a “breakfast” cookie, and take little time to make. (via Beeyond Cereal)
(5) Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies are ooey gooey, and stuffed with soft cheesecake – yum! (via Spatula Desserts)
(6) If you’re looking for a treat that’s not quite as sweet, these tart Lemon Crinkle Cookies may be just what you’re looking for. They remind us of summer! (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(7) How cute are these Bear Paw Butter Blossom Cookies? A sweet twist on classic peanut butter blossoms that are sure to be a slam dunk with kids. (via Cooking with Carlee)
(8) These Peanut Butter Cup Cookies feature a killer combination: a peanut butter cup candy nestled right in the middle of a freshly baked cookie. (via My Baking Addiction)
(9) There is no way to have just one of these S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies. They will make you wish you were around a campfire. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(10) A bakery favorite in cookie form, Cinnamon Roll Cookies are perfect for dipping in milk or coffee, and this recipe makes about 40 cookies in one batch, so you can easily feed your bake sale crowd. (via Princess Pinky Girl)
(11) Add some candy to your baked goods with these M&M Cookies. Depending on the season, you can even choose different colors of M&Ms to make these cookies more festive! Choose red and green for any holiday bake sales, or go pastel for an Easter fundraiser. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(12) Is there anything more classic than chocolate chip cookies? These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are our go-to recipe, and the perfect staple for your bake sale. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(13) If you love soft, chewy cookies, these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are for you. The classic taste of chocolate chips with the added chewy texture of oatmeal makes a winning recipe. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(14) Another take on the old classic, extra chocolate takes these Marbled Chocolate Chip Cookies to the next level. (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(15) Snickerdoodle Cookies are a true classic comfort cookie. A sweet coating of cinnamon sugar makes these melt-in-your-mouth cookies a must have for your next fundraiser. (via The Curly Spoon)
(16) These Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cookies are soft and creamy, but deliver a satisfying crunch thanks to chopped Oreos and white chocolate chips. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(17) Short on time and want one of the quickest, easy bake sale treat? Fudgy Brownie Mix Cookies fit the bill. Thanks to boxed brownie mix, they come together quickly and create deliciously fudgy cookies that are perfect for chocolate lovers. (via Simply Stacie)
(18) Mini marshmallows make these Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Cookies extra soft and chewy, just the way we like them. (via She’s Not Cookin’)
(19) Brown butter and toffee take traditional chocolate chip cookies for a delicious spin. These Brown Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies will fly off your bake sale table! (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(20) What do you get went you stuff a chocolate chip cookie with Nutella? Absolutely decadent, gooey Nutella Stuffed Cookies that are nothing short of DIVINE! (via Fun Cookie Recipes)
(21) These White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies are not only delicious, but a healthier version of a familiar holiday treat. We love the balance of sweet white chocolate and tart cranberries. (via What Moms Love)
(22) Cake mix is the secret ingredient in these easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies that look (and taste!) simply irresistible. (via My Baking Addiction)
The Best Bake Sale Brownie and Blondie Recipes
When you think of the best bake sale recipes, a classic fudgy brownie probably comes to mind. While we have no shame in pulling out a box of store-bought brownie mix, we promise that these homemade brownie and blondie (essentially a brownie without the chocolate!) recipes are worth the extra effort, and will be huge sellers at your fundraiser.
(1) Turn a classic dessert into a fun, eye-catching bake sale treat with these Candy Crush Brownies. (via Bakerella)
(2) Alternatively, use your leftover candy with a yummy blondie recipe to make Candy Bar Blondies for your next bake sale. (via Fresh April Flours)
(3) You can’t go wrong with Funfetti no matter what you’re baking! Try these Funfetti Brownies to attract a crowd. (via Fresh April Flours)
(4) For the perfect blend of brownies and cheesecake, give these Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Brownies a try. (via The Unlikely Baker)
(5) Kids will jump at the chance to get their hands on these brightly colored Lego Brownies – an edible version of their favorite toy! (via In The Kids Kitchen)
(6) Butterscotch Blondies are great if you are looking for an easy bake sale recipe that looks anything but simple! Loaded with favorite flavors like chocolate chips, butterscotch, and nuts, they are sure to go fast. (via One Sarcastic Baker)
(7) Caramel Pretzel Brownies are a fun twist on traditional brownies that somehow still feel classic. Pretzels give these fudgy brownies just enough salty crunch! (via Grandbaby Cakes)
(8) Guests will be asking you to break them off a piece of these Fudgy Kit Kat Brownies – made with whole Kit Kats inside! Need we say more? (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(9) When it comes to brownies, some people prefer them with no extra bells and whistles. Out of all the brownie recipes we’ve tried over the years, Classic Fudgy Brownies are the best of the best. (via Grandbaby Cakes)
(10) Topped with oven roasted marshmallows, these S’mores Brownies are a melt in your mouth treat that will attract a ton of attention, and more importantly, plenty of sales! (via Bakerella)
(11) One thing that’s for sure: Nutella sells! Nutella Cheesecake Brownies blend chocolate brownies with vanilla cheesecake and the yummy hazelnut spread to create a dessert that is sure to be a top seller. (via Quiche My Grits)
(12) These Salted Caramel Turtle Brownies are topped with a delicious homemade caramel sauce that is almost too good to be true. You may want to keep these for yourself! (via Waiting for Blanc Mange)
(13) Of course, we normally expect chocolate when we think of brownies, and chances are, your guests will too. So you’re sure to peak their interest with these Vanilla Brownies which may not have the chocolate, but they still have tons of flavor. (via Nibble and Dine)
(14) For another great blend of salty and sweet, try these Salted Caramel Popcorn Brownies. (via Grandbaby Cakes)
(15) Easy Buckeye Brownies bring all the flavor of the popular peanut butter and chocolate balls you love during the holidays, without all the rolling and dipping! (via Fun Money Mom)
The Best Bake Sale Bar Recipes
Making some sort of “bar” recipe for your bake sale steps up the creativity level from a standard cookie, while still delivering a delicious treat that is portable and sturdy enough to be taken home.
To help you out, we’ve poured over the internet to find the absolute best bars for your next fundraiser. From fruit filled, to candy topped, and even healthy granola bar options, you can please anyone in the crowd with these bar recipes.
(1) Soft and buttery, these Blueberry Crumble Bars are filled with juicy blueberries and will make for a gorgeous display at your bake sale. (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(2) Peanut Butter & Jelly Snack Bars are the dessert version of the classic sandwich that are not only tasty, but vegan and gluten free as well. (via Minimalist Baker)
(3) Like a mini apple pie, but better! These Apple Crumb Bars are the perfect blend of sweet and savory. (via Dessert Now Dinner Later)
(4) Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars blend chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake in a bar that people will rave about. (via My Baking Addiction)
(5) Looking for something with a little bit of tang and a little bit of sweet? Lemon Bars are easy to make and sure to impress. (via Dessert Now Dinner Later)
(6) These S’mores Chewy Cookie Bars are jam packed with soft marshmallow fluff and crispy graham crackers – no camp fire needed! (via Fresh April Flours)
(7) Who says that cereal is just for breakfast?! Certainly not us. Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars are both buttery and crispy for a surprisingly satisfying treat. They can even be made gluten-free depending on which Cheerios you use. (via Scrummy Lane)
(8) A jar of Nutella and a few pantry staples, and you’ll be able to whip up these insanely delicious Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars in no time. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(9) Full of chocolate and M&M candies, no bake M&M Rocky Road Bars are just what your bake sale needs. (via Baking Queen 74)
(10) Caramel Crunch Bars are layered perfection: crunchy krispie cereal, soft caramel, and smooth chocolate that will absolutely melt in your mouth. (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(11) A rich, buttery shortbread base makes these English Toffee Bars not only delicious, but simple to cut into individual servings for your bake sale. (via Suburban Simplicity)
(12) If you’re looking for a classic yet versatile bar to make for your bake sale, be sure to give these Sugar Cookie Bars a try. Make them your own with icing, sprinkles, or any other mix-ins you wish. (via My Baking Addiction)
(13) Want a healthy bake sale treat idea? Try Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Granola Bars. They’re made with just six ingredients, and the best part? They’re no-bake! (via Minimalist Baker)
(14) All the flavor of your favorite candy bar, made right at home. Homemade Twix Bars will have people coming back for more! (via Minimalist Baker)
(15) If you are looking to provide a healthier bake sale offering, Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are a snack that everyone loves. (via What Moms Love)
(16) Don’t want to turn on your oven? There’s no baking required for these delicious No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bars, and they’re filled with whole ingredients like dates and nuts and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. (via What Moms Love)
Cupcakes provide a delicious blank canvas for such a variety of flavors, fillings and decorating techniques. We’ve evaluated cupcake recipes based on taste, creativity and mouth-watering looks, and we’ve deemed the following recipes the ones that are sure to make the most money at your bake sale:
(1) Kids will be clamoring for these cheerful Rainbow Cupcakes – they’ll stand out for sure! (via Dessert Now Dinner Later)
(2) Having a spring bake sale? These Buttercream Flower Cupcakes are so pretty, they’ll get snatched up in no time. (via Little Sunny Kitchen)
(3) What child wouldn’t be drawn to these fun Dirt Pudding Cupcakes, complete with a gummy worm “crawling” on top! (via Crazy Little Projects)
(4) Anytime is a good time for ice cream, right?! Or in this case, cupcakes that look like ice cream! We’ll take either one, but if you’re looking for a great bake sale treat, these Funfetti and Buttercream Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are so fun and creative, they’ll sell out fast! (via xoxoBella)
(5) Who could possibly resist these S’mores Cupcakes topped with toasted marshmallows and a chunk of chocolate?! (via My Baking Addiction)
(6) How cute are these Polar Bear Paw Cupcakes? We think they are irresistable! (via Delish)
(7) Chocolate Turtle Cupcakes are rich and delicious with a decadent caramel pecan drizzle that will have mouths watering. (via The Cake Blog)
(8) If you are a fan of Nutella, these light and fluffy Banana Nutella Cupcakes will be a crowd pleaser. (via My Baking Addiction)
(9) When cookies and cupcakes combine you get Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes that have delicious cookie dough baked right into the middle of a soft cupcake. (via My Baking Addiction)
(10) We love that these Oreo Cupcakes are not only full of Oreos inside, but topped with one to boot. (via Passion for Baking)
(11) Chocolate and hazelnut with bright, colorful sprinkles unite to make these delicious Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Cloud Frosting. (via Sweetapolita)
(12) A rich cream filled center is a tasty surprise in the middle of these Boston Cream Cupcakes. (via Spaceships and Laser Beams)
Muffins and sweet breads make for a scrumptious quick breakfast or snack, and are always a fast-moving bake sale item – especially as they’re often seen as healthier than your typical cookie or brownie. Whip up a big batch of these muffin and bread favorites, and watch them fly off your bake sale table!
(1) Vegan Blueberry Muffins have just seven simple ingredients and taste like they came directly from the local bakery. (via Rainbow Nourishments)
(2) Double chocolate with delicious hazelnut spread inside? These Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Muffins won’t last long! (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(3) Banana Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins are not only healthy and delicious, but they come together quickly in the blender, saving you time and a kitchen full of dirty dishes! (via What Moms Love)
(4) Grab some fresh strawberries for these Vegan Strawberry Muffins. These make a great option for anyone that might be looking for a tasty vegan treat. (via Vegan Huggs)
(5) You can’t go wrong with a slice of moist Banana Bread, and this recipe is easy to customize with or without nuts. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(6) How could anyone possibly resist this Chocolate Chip Loaf – it’s absolutely jam packed with chips! (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(7) These Soft Pretzels offer the perfect savory bake sale item for your fundraiser. They are sure to be in high demand, and you could even offer a variety of dipping sauces for an additional fee. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(8) Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is perfect for a fall bake sale when pumpkin spice is on everyone’s minds! (via What Moms Love)
Rice Krispie treats are a childhood favorite, bake sale staple, and one of the most versatile sweet snacks on the planet. And the big bonus: they don’t require any actual baking!
We’ve pulled together a list of fun, no-bake Rice Krispie treat adaptations that are not only simple to make, but will be completely irresistible at your bake sale. You’ll be busy from start to finish selling these crispy goodies!
(1) Unicorn Rice Krispies are just as fun to make as they are to eat! Choose your own icing colors and fancy sprinkles – match them to your school’s or local sports teams’ colors to make them truly customized to your event. (via The Spruce Eats)
(2) These Lucky Charms Treats are magically delicious and we think the bake sale buyers will agree. (via Dessert Now Dinner Later)
(3) A childhood favorite cereal and a traditional treat, Fruity Pebbles Krispie Treats are a winner! (via Oh Sweet Basil)
(4) Adding rainbow sprinkles makes these Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats super appealing to kids of all ages. (via The Spruce Eats)
(5) Chocolate Dipped Krispie Treats allow you to dip your dessert into whatever fun sprinkles you have on hand. The extra color and candy is sure to attract even more customers! (via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt)
(6) Keep it simple with Cocoa Krispies for these Chocolate Krispie Treats – we love how whole mini marshmallows are incorporated too! (via My Baking Addiction)
(7) Add peanut butter and a generous layer of chocolate on top and you get these top selling Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Treats. (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(8) For a fun twist (and mess-free eating!), these Caramel & Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are put on a stick, which will automatically makes them a must-have item at your bake sale. (via Shugary Sweets)
(9) These Oreo Krispie Treats are a no-bake cookies and cream dream! (via Fantabulosity)
(10) S’mores Krispie Treats prove that s’mores are good no matter what form they’re in. (via Dessert Now Dinner Later)
While a bake sale wouldn’t be the same without the classic cookies, muffins and brownies, mixing things up with some creative treats will surely take your sales to the next level.
Choose one of these unique bake sale goodies to grab buyers’ interest and make your table the talk of the town!
(1) Unicorn Candy Bark ups the ante when it comes to bale sale treats. Full of bright colors and rainbow candy, this candy bark is worth buying! (via Hello, Wonderful)
(2) S’mores Chocolate Bark requires only 3 ingredients and looks too good to pass by. (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(3) Another great bark recipe is this White Chocolate Oreo Bark, chock full of those delicious chocolate sandwich cookies. (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(4) Everyone at your fundraiser will be raving about these Rainbow Marbled PopTarts – such a unique bake sale idea! (via Aww Sam)
(5) These Rainbow Frosted Twinkies are a homemade version of the popular nostalgic treat and will definitely be in high demand. (via Aww Sam)
(6) A cookie or a lollipop? How about both? These Sprinkle Oreo Pops will garner tons of attention at your bake sale, especially from kids! (via Catch My Party)
(7) If you want a simple and totally customizable treat for your bake sale, try these Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods – roll them in your favorite candy or use toppings in your school or team colors. (via Sparkles to Sprinkles)
(8) Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites nail it with just the right balance of salty and sweet! And you don’t have to worry about the raw cookie dough – it’s egg free and totally taste approved. (via Dessert Now Dinner Later)
(9) If you’re planning a back-to-school bake sale, you have got to make Pencil Cake Push Up Pops – they are just too perfect for any school fundraiser! (via Bakerella)
(10) These Glam Candy Apples can bring home the big bucks thanks to their colorful chocolate dip and creative toppings like crushed pop tarts, circus animal cookies and funfetti! (via Aww Sam)
(11) Birthday cake inspired fudge? Buyers will say “yes please!”, and this Birthday Cake Fudge gets five stars from us! (via Sweetapolita)
(12) These Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Donuts are the perfect blend of sweet with a bit of tang. (via Best Served Vegan)
(13) A bake sale idea that’s tasty and on trend with kids? Emoji Whoopie Pies are just what you’re looking for. (via Aww Sam)
(14) Peppermint Oreo Balls would be perfect for a winter bake sale. They go perfectly with a nice warm cup of hot cocoa. (via My Baking Addiction)
(15) Speaking of hot cocoa, Hot Chocolate Bombs will all the rage and are a super easy way to make a delicious cup! (via Tastes of Homemade)
(16) Cake Pops are always a big hit, and can be customized with different colors of dips and toppings. (via Sally’s Baking Recipes)
(17) Rather than regular donuts, why not add a stick and create Donut Pops? They provide the same delicious donut taste guests crave, but in pop form. (via Aww Sam)
(18) If you’re looking for a healthy, bite-sized treat that is simple to make, these No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Balls are a great addition to your bake sale tables. The base recipe can easily be customized so you can make a big batch with something for everyone. (via What Moms Love)
(19) This rich and creamy Peanut Butter Cup Fudge is perfect for peanut butter and chocolate lovers. (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(20) These air fryer Smore’s Pie Pops are a fun twist on the classic s’mores taste that are the perfect individual serving for your bake sale. (via xoxo Bella)
(21) Oatmeal Cream Pies are the homemade version of a childhood favorite, made with marshmallow buttercream sandwiched between chewy oatmeal cookies. (via Boston Girl Bakes)
(22) Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies are bite-sized pastry perfection. (via Marsha’s Baking Addiction)
(23) If there are any movie fans at your bake sale, they will flip for these Movie Theater Popcorn Bars. (via My Baking Addiction)
(24) Shoppers will love Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups. It’s like their very own, perfectly portioned apple pie! (via Princess Pinky Girl)
As fun as bake sales are, they can sometimes be difficult to navigate for guests with allergies – and many bake sales at school require your treats to be free of common allergens like nuts.
For that reason, we’ve provided some allergy friendly bake sale ideas that are still completely scrumptious, but will enable guests with allergies to join in the bake sale fun!
*Note: While many of these recipes are free of common allergens, they still may contain others. It is always best to clearly label items (or provide a list at your table) with ingredients – especially those that may cause allergic reactions.
(1) These egg free, dairy free, and gluten free Unicorn Donuts are fun and colorful and are bound to sell out fast! (via Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen)
(2) Vegan Jammy Biscuits are super festive and are egg free, dairy free, and nut free too. (via The Veg Space)
(3) Egg free, dairy free, nut free, and soy free, these Vegan Blondies with Chocolate Chips are kid and parent approved! (via Carrots and Cookies)
(4) Made without eggs, dairy, or nuts, these Vegan Lemon Shortbread Cookies will be fast favorites. (via From the Comfort of My Bowl)
(5) Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies use just one bowl and come together in 30 minutes. These are egg free and dairy free. (via The Minimalist Baker)
(6) For a yummy and crunchy treat that goes well with coffee or tea, try this Gluten Free Hazelnut Biscotti. (via The Helpful GF)
(7) We love that you don’t have to choose between a brownie and a blondie since these Brownie Blondies are the best of both worlds! Plus, they’re egg free, dairy free, and optional nut free. (via Health My Life)
(8) You won’t believe the secret ingredient in these Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes! These are egg free, dairy free, and nut free. (via Wow, it’s Veggie)
(9) A pinch of sea salt on top of these soft and fudgy Gluten Free Brownies adds a special touch. (via Meaningful Eats)
(10) Perfectly chewy and melt-in-your-mouth, these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are made gluten free and are such a delight! (via Bright Eyed Baker)
We hope this list of the best bake sale ideas has helped you get your wheels spinning. You really can’t go wrong with any of these treats – they will all sell out quickly!
Here’s to a great fundraiser!
What bake sale recipe will you sign up to bring? Tell us in the comments below!