Allergy-Friendly Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Recipe. Healthy, Kid-Approved + School Safe (Nut, Gluten & Dairy Free)!
These no bake, allergy-friendly granola bars are school-approved with no tree nuts, gluten or dairy.
Granola bars are a quick and easy kid-friendly snack staple, but with food allergies on the rise, it can often be hard to find ones that can be brought to school.
So we took things into our own hands and developed a delicious granola bar recipe that contains no allergens, including gluten, dairy and tree-nuts. They’re made with healthy, whole food ingredients like allergy-friendly sun butter and gluten free oats, and have the perfect amount of sweetness from dates, maple syrup and allergen free chocolate chips. Plus the recipe is easy to make, with no baking involved!
Just one bite of these chewy and moist granola bars and your kids will be begging you to pack them in their lunch box.
- Nut-Free, Allergy-Friendly, Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars2020-03-05 12:57:29Write a reviewIngredients
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ cup gluten free oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup sunflower butter
- 1/8 – ¼ cup raw maple syrup
- ¼ cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 Pyrex dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse dates until finely chopped. They may start to gather around the blade and roll into a ball.
- Remove dates from the food processor and add to a large bowl. Add oats and sea salt.
- Heat sunflower butter in microwave for a few seconds to warm it up. Add sunflower butter and maple syrup to the bowl.
- Fold ingredients together until evenly mixed.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into prepared Pyrex dish.
- Press down into the mixture with the back of a spatula to create a flat top.
- Allow bars to firm up in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to cutting.
- Cut and store in air-tight container.
what moms love https://whatmomslove.com/
- Store in fridge for firmer bars, for up to 3 weeks.
And if you’ve ever looked at the ingredients of a store-bought granola bar, you’ll know that the whole ingredients in these homemade chewy bars are far superior for fueling your kids through their school day, and beyond.
We bet they’ll come home begging for more!