This air fryer twist on the classic grilled cheese makes lunch time fun (and easy!) and will quickly become a kid favorite in your house.
Getting toddlers to eat their lunch is not for the faint of heart, but we’ve found that making food fun greatly increases your chance of success! This Air Fryer Turkey & Cheese Roll-Up does just that.
Toddlers (and big kids too!) will love eating a traditional grilled cheese in a brand new way – all rolled up! Cut it up and call them ” cheesy pinwheels” or leave it whole as a “sandwich burrito”. Whatever you name it, these Turkey & Cheese Roll-Ups are bound to be your family’s new favorite lunchtime request.
PIN for when you want a quick & easy air fryer lunch for your kids:
We love that this air fryer lunch recipe is easily customizable – you can add anything your children like (or omit things they don’t!). It’s great for getting them to try a new protein (sub the turkey for ham, grilled chicken or steak) and a new crunchy texture. You could even add in some “hidden” veggies!
Air Fryer Turkey & Cheese Roll-Ups
- 2 slices whole grain bread (such as Dave's Killer Bread)
- 1-2 slices melting cheese (we recommend: American, Gouda, Gruyere, Cheddar)
- 1-2 slices Turkey or deli meat of your choice
- Condiments or toppings as desired
- Use a rolling pin to flatten bread slices
- Layer deli meat, sliced cheese and any other desired toppings. Start at one end and roll up. Use a toothpick to keep sealed if necessary.
- Place seam side down into air fryer. Spray roll-up with olive oil or spread melted butter on top. Air fry at 360F for 3 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Flip again to seam side down and air fry for an additional 3 minutes at 380F to toast bread.
The end result is a warm, cheesy sandwich that’s super fun for kids to eat – mission accomplished!
If you’re looking for more fun, kid-friendly Air Fryer recipes, check out our post: 100 Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Kids & Families