A Day’s Worth Of Creative Easter Eats (Breakfast, Lunch, Snack & Treats — Oh My!)
If you’re like us, you want to shout from the rooftops…SPRING IS HERE! Easter has always been an important holiday for us and our families, but the symbolism of new life has never been more true than it is after an especially long, gray winter season.
SPRING! Bring on the sunshine, tulips in every color and Easter egg hunts; we are ready.
Beyond dressing our littles up in the obligatory pastel, flower-adorned dresses and bow ties (because we will only be their fashion gurus for so long…), and carefully pulling out the Easter baskets to prepare for that special Bunny’s pending arrival, we at What Moms Love have been searching through the Easter treasure trove that is the blogosphere.
We have pulled together a list of meals, snacks and treats that are sure to show your little bunnies how special this day is, and of course to let you have a little fun in the process.
Please note: Post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more information.
Pin or Bookmark:
Hop to it with these Easter breakfast ideas. Here are some yummy and adorable ways to get your littles out of bed in the morning.
Nothing gets our kiddos to gobble up their food faster than when we make the “ordinary” into “extraordinary” (it’s part of the job description right?) and create animal masterpieces out of an otherwise normal breakfast. Taking the extra few minutes to do this also allows us to sometimes sneak in some extra fruits and veggies (shhh, don’t tell!) when those fruits are not your normal bananas and blueberries…but the Easter Bunny, himself!
(1) While we are certain that this Bunny Face Pancake from Betty Crocker would make any little one smile, we had never considered the opportunity for cuteness a (2) Bunny Bum Pancake would bring (from Taste of Home), not to mention a (3) whole group of Bunny Pals like these posted by Instagrammer @cutechichai, ready to celebrate the day.
(4) And no Easter is complete without an ode to the classic peeps, and Kara’s Party Ideas figured out a way to creatively bring that to breakfast with these Peeps-Shaped Pancakes. The secret to the perfect Peeps shape? This Peeps Cookie Pan!
(1) Wrangle the kids away from their baskets and ensure full bellies by letting them get in on the fun and decorate their own Easter Egg Pancakes (via The Joys of Boys) with their favorite fruit toppings.
(2) Running short on time Easter morning? You can take Fork and Beans brilliant Hatching Chick idea and even make it out of your child’s favorite store-bought waffles.
(3) And if your kiddos are not pancake fans, you can still get in on the cute animal fun by making this Bunny Oatmeal (from Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons).
(4) Or these easy Breakfast Bagel Bunnies with cream cheese and fruit (via Handmade Charlotte).
(5) Fuel up right for the yearly Easter Egg hunt by making these Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Eggs from Savy Naturalista.
(6) These adorable Easter Egg Breakfast Popsicles from Eats Amazing require a little bit of preparation but are a fun way to get some protein into your kid’s breakfast for some extra staying power.
Speaking of protein, we loved all the creative ideas that were out there for a power-packed, classic eggs (any way your kids like them) breakfast with a twist to celebrate the day.
(1) Worth Pinning stumbled upon an easy way to make her scrambled eggs a little hoppy-er (sorry…the pun was there, waiting to be used!) when she discovered funny shaped bacon that was destined to become bunny ears.
(2) Or opt for the Fried Egg version from Kid Spot complete with bacon ears, blueberry eyes and chive whiskers!
(3) How could your kids possibly not clean their plates with this adorable Scrambled Baby Bird and Nest from Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons?!
(4) If your kids prefer hard boiled eggs, these stunning Hash Brown Nests and Boiled Eggs from Kids Cooking Activities are sure to make them smile.
(5) Even something so simple like this insanely cute Easter Chick Fried Egg can be a special Easter breakfast for your littles (courtesy of the Kix Cereal blog by Meet the Dubiens).
Add some Easter joy to your littles’ lunches and let them know some-bunny loves them on this special day.
We love the way these Mamas found a way to make veggies irresistible with (1) Easter Egg Hummus Toasts (from Fork and Beans) and (2) Veggie Carrot-Shaped Pizza (from Hungry Happenings) as a way to get kids excited to eat their healthy lunch creations.
(3) Extend the colorful Easter Egg hunt fun with an Easter Egg themed lunch idea with many different surprise courses like the one shown here from A Kailo Chic Life.
(4) Or bring the cute Easter animal and egg-shaped theme into lunch using The Idea Room’s genius Easter Bunny Bread Bowl (just add your little’s favorite soup and voila! Easter lunch!) or Itsy Bitsy Foodies’ Easter Egg Quesadilla (so simple, but so easy to make your child’s eyes light up!)
(1) A few simple additions will turn your regular hard boiled eggs into irresistible Hard Boiled Bunnies and Chicks (from CBC Radio Canada’s blog).
(2) We love adding our tot’s favorite nut butter and some strategically placed fruit to a slice of toast for a Bunny or Chick Open Faced Sandwich that is sure to delight (this could also be a quick breakfast option)!
Cut through the Easter basket sugar high with these healthier snacks.
Let’s give those jelly beans a rest with some savory snacks like these adorable (1) Carrot Patches of hummus and carrots from Taste and Tell Blog, these (2) Sweet Potato Bunnies from Annabel Karmel, or these (3) Cheese and Cracker Chicks from Canadian Family.
We all know those busy days when you’re trying to be SuperMom and simplicity is the name of the game. That’s why we love all of these little ways to add a bit more Easter love to your bunnies that aren’t overly time consuming:
(4) Bunny Pudding Cup Printables from Lil Luna (which can be used on so many different snacks!)
(5) Pineapple Fruit Cup Chicks from noBiggie
(6) Fruit and Veggie Paper Cups from Simple As That Blog
(7) Apple Fruit Baskets from The Gunny Sack.
There is still an opportunity for easy and fun food art that will amaze your kids as much as the concept of the Easter Bunny itself.
(1) We loved these Easter Almond Baby Chicks from Fork and Beans. I mean, seriously…could there be a cuter way to get your kids to eat a protein and good-fat-filled snack?
Not to mention these adorable fruit creations:
(1) How easy is this Fruit Bunny Face from The Prime Pursuit? We think we can actually pull this one off!
(2) Or you could get the kiddos involved and create this awesome Easter Fruit Pizza, as seen on Persnickety Plates.
(3) And we would be remiss if our cute and healthy snacks did not include something fun for our littlest Easter chickies. Luckily, we found these adorable Pastel Frozen Yogurt Dots (from Small Fry Blog) which we think will elicit just as much joy as those Creme Eggs!
Delight your little bunnies with these Easter treats.
We couldn’t do an Easter food round-up without highlighting all of these pastel treats that, while definitely adding to the sugar high for the day, were too aww-inducing to pass up.
And the creative cookies we found couldn’t be cuter:
(3) Fun Bunny and Chick Easter Oreo Pops from It’s Always Autumn
(4) Elegant Easter Sugar Cookies from Jenny Steffens
(5) Easter Basket Cookie Cups from Lil Luna
(6) No Bake Peanut Butter Bird’s Nest Cookies from Ahead of Thyme
(7) And while we adore these Easter Chick Macarons (via Sweet Explorations), we can’t say we’ll ever have the time to make them from scratch, but we won’t tell if you buy some fancy macarons and using the decorating tips for the same (but much faster!) super cute look.
We have fond memories of Easters growing up — capping off the celebration with Grandma’s amazing lamb-shaped cake. Nothing makes the day more special than a unique Easter cake that the whole family can ooh and ahh over (and then eat up, of course!). We loved finding similarly amazing-looking cakes like the ones featured here:
(1) Fluffy Happy Lamb Face Cake from Handmade Charlotte
(2) Coconut Easter Bunny Cake from Recipe Natural
(3) Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes from Cincy Shopper
(5) Carrot-Shaped Carrot Cake from Just a Taste (includes a secret ingredient: pineapple! Trust us…it’s good!)
Easily adorn any cake with classic Easter treats and poof! It becomes an instant festive family dessert.
(1) Break into your Easter candy stash and make a gorgeous Mini Egg Cake (like this one from Hobbycraft).
(2) Or add a chocolate Easter bunny to a Non-Bake Rice Krispie Cake like this one from Eighteen 25.
(3) Or this easier-than-it-looks Chocolate Easter Bunny Cake from The Cake Blog (which would also be pretty with shredded coconut if you didn’t want to get involved with the “grass”).
These Easter egg themed desserts are bound to get “2 paws up” from your family:
(2) Mini Easter Egg Cakes from The Cake Blog.
(3) Or Mini Easter Cheesecakes like these from My Kitchen Craze.
Do you remember dirt cake? Well, Mamas, this easy dessert can also be Easter-fied by adding some adorable “carrots” like this (4) Easter Dirt Cake (via The Semisweet Sisters), or try using (5) individual pudding cups and “carrot” strawberries (via DIY Candy).
For a treat that could double as a homemade Easter basket addition, we love these super fun chocolate bark recipes:
(1) Easter Egg Pretzel Chocolate Swirl Bark from Five Heart Home
(2) Pink Bunny Bark from The Decorated Cookie
(3) Bunny Bark from This Silly Girls Life
If your kids are like ours, we can make anything a ‘pop’ and it’s a bonafide treat. These adorable (4) Peeps Brownie Pops (via Munchkin Munchies) and pastel (5) Rice Krispie Treat Egg Pops (via Frugal Coupon Living) will do just the trick.
(6) And for a special treat that’s great for a large group to share, try this Easter-ized Popcorn (from Blommi)
We hope all these recipes add a little more hop to your step as you spread Easter joy of the day to your families, Mamas. Now, we’re off to smell the flowers and enjoy the sun! Wishing a hippity hoppity Easter to you all!
Which of these treats are you most excited to try this Easter? Let us know in the comments below!
But before you hop off for your egg hunt, we’d love to have you join our What Moms Love community. We’ll hook you up with all of our exclusive resources, including our popular 10 Screen-Free Toys For Guaranteed Quiet Time, our fun Holiday/Birthday Coupon Book for Kids and the inspiring 35 Food Subs & Swaps for Healthy Family Meals.
Simply let us know where to send all your goodies below:
Become an exclusive subscriber
Join over 190,000 subscribers & social media followers and gain access to exclusive content, freebies, discounts and more!