100+ Incredible DIY Father’s Day Gift Ideas From Kids
You’ll be spoilt for choice with over 100 ideas for meaningful Father’s Day gifts your kids can help make!
After what felt like a winter that might never end, we’re thrilled to see signs of summer approaching! Summer brings longer days, warmer weather, and of course, special holidays like Father’s Day. Everyone at What Moms Love is so appreciative of the hard work, support, and love our partners put into our families (and that our own Dads put into us!). We love the chance to honor them on their special day.
Whether your plans for Father’s Day include a traditional BBQ, ball game, or favorite meal, we have you covered with plenty of ideas to make their day really shine. Read on for tons of inspiration – including fun recipes, meaningful cards and DIY crafts that will make this Father’s Day the most memorable one yet.
PIN for when you’re ready to get crafty!
When it comes to Father’s Day cards, we love creating our own truly personal greetings – and of course involving the kids in the creative process. These ideas for unique homemade cards are so special that they are like a gift itself!
(1) This 3‑Dimensional Tool Box Card looks tricky, but printables make it easy to put together for any handy Dad! (via MR Printables)
(2) Check out this adorable card for the Vest Dads, sure to float Dad’s boat this Father’s Day. (via Crafty Morning)
(3) Make Dad ‘appy’ with this DIY iPad inspired card. (via She Knows)
(4) There will be no doubt ‘whooooo’ loves Dad with this Crafty Owl Card! (via I Heart Crafty Things)
(5) Dads with a sweet tooth will love this simple M&M Bow Tie Card. (via Crafty Morning)
(6) Bring some sunshine to your Father’s Day with this Sunny Card. (via Crafty Morning)
(7) All you need to add is some color to complete this sharp Saw Card. (via Teach Beside Me)
(8) Any Dad nostalgic for his childhood toys is sure to love this Etch-A-Sketch Inspired Card. (via Zakka Life)
(9) Got a fishing-fanatic Dad? This super cute Swedish Fish Father’s Day Card will catch him hook, line, and sinker. (via Crafty Morning)
(10) Any perfectly accessorized Dad will love this 3‑dimensional Bow Tie Card! (via Easy Peasy Fun)
(11) Transform paint chips into a colorful card that doubles as a decoration with this fun Father’s Day Banner (via Modern Parents Messy Kids)
(12) Is Pops financially focused? This Dollar Bill Origami Shirt Card will fit the bill for him this year. (via Crafty Morning)
(13) Impressive origami is surprisingly simple with this Folded Shirt Card. (via Red Ted Art)
(14) The weather’s warming up, so help Dad stay cool with this adorable Popsicle Father’s Day Card. (via Homeschool Preschool)
(15) Make sure Dad knows exactly how you two roll with this easy to personalize Father’s Day Craft Stick Roll Up. (via Michael’s)
(16) Dads that are loved to the moon and back will appreciate this cut and paste Rocket Ship Card. (via Non-Toy Gifts)
(17) Make Dad laugh out loud with this assortment of super Funny Cards to print. (via It’s Always Autumn)
(18) If your Dad is truly extraordinary, an Out Of This World Card is exactly what he needs! (via I Heart Crafty Things)
(19) This colorful Tie-Dyed T‑Shirt Card is just right for your tee-rific dad. (via Happy Hooligans)
(20) A simple Printable Alphabet Card will make it clear how much you love Dad. (via Sweet Scarlet)
(21) This fun Printable Tie Card makes it easy to tell Dad how you feel about him. (via One Creative Mommy)
(22) This Printable Gift Card Holder is ideal for any handy dad looking to stock his tool box this year. (via Lil Luna)
(23) Pop some fun into your Father’s Day with these incredible Pop Up Cards. (via One Dog Woof)
We love how printables can take the guesswork out of crafting. Even not-so-crafty folks can be successful with simple click ‘n’ print ideas like these. We have no doubt that Dad will love the final outcome!
(1) Make sure Dad knows what you love about him with these fill-in-the-blank Dad Appreciation Printables. (via Tiny Me)
(2) Keep Dad looking stylish on his special day with Daddy Ties you can customize. (via Crafting Chicks)
(3) Is Dad the ketchup to your hamburger? These fun prints can be used as cards, framed prints or even gift tags! (via The Paper Curator)
(4) The writing’s on the wall! Let Dad know why he’s the best with this printable poster. (via Confetti Sunshine)
(5) This Shaving Kit Printable is perfect for any Dad, whether he sports stubble or a full-on beard. (via Delightfully Noted)
(6) Dads loved beyond measure will adore this sweet measuring tape add-on this Father’s Day. (via Simply Kierste Design)
(7) Keep Dad’s feet cozy while letting him know he knocks your socks off with this cute printable. (via So Festive)
(8) Quench Dad’s thirst with these adorable printable bottle labels, sure to make any Pop smile! (via And We Play)
(9) A printable Tool Box Coupon Book will make any handy dad happy this Father’s Day. (via I Heart Naptime)
(10) Printable Father’s Day Gift Bags will make packing up goodies for Dad simple and cute. (via Tiny Me)
(11) Coupon books are a classic Father’s Day gift. This printable makes it super easy to put one together. (via Skip To My Lou)
(12) Make sure Dad knows the little ones look up to him with a customizable “Just Like You” printable booklet (via My Sister’s Suitcase)
(13) Dad will love this printable coupon book that comes together quickly with just a string and a pen. (via Botanical Paperworks)
(14) A Father’s Day Cootie Catcher will keep the kids and Dad laughing all day! (via B. Nute Productions)
(15) Tie-shaped coupons for Dad are easy to personalize, and a perfect combination of two classic Father’s Day icons. (via Reasons To Skip The Housework)
(16) Make any Dad feel like a superhero this Father’s Day with this printable Superhero Set. (via Catch My Party)
(17) Use this Father’s Day Portrait Page to let kids show their Dads how they really see them. (via Tot Schooling)
(18) Make sure your Dad is ready for a full 18 holes with this Tee-rific Dad printable gift. (via Inspiring Creations)
(19) A simple printable with a sweet loving sentiment is sure to touch Dad’s heart. (via Juggling Act Mama)
(20) Make story time extra special by customizing this “Dad Is Rad” booklet (via Hello, Wonderful)
And we can’t forget to mention our very own printable Father’s Day booklet which will help your kids create a one-of-a-kind gift with drawings, fill-in-the-blanks and even redeemable coupons.
There’s both a Dad and a Grandpa version — head to the full post to see more, or enter your email address into the box below to get the printable sent directly to your inbox:
Where should we send your printable Father’s Day Booklet?
You’ll get the link to download instantly.
Father’s Day is the perfect opportunity to let kids get their hands a little messy while creating something special for their Dad, Pops, Papa or Grandpa. Regardless of their age or skill level, there’s a project every child can help with.
(1) Let kids loose with Sharpies and a mug to create these colorful mugs for Dad. (via Little Button Diaries)
(2) Every Dad loves the gift of time, which is why this Building Memories Gift Jar makes a perfect sentimental present. (via The Seasoned Mom)
(3) A DIY car t‑shirt serves double duty as an art project that also earns Dad a back massage from the kids. (via The Blue Basket)
(4) Dad can wear these simple Father’s Day medals with pride, knowing they were created just for him. (via And We Play)
(5) Kids will love getting creative with glue and paint to let Dad know he deserves a gold trophy this Father’s Day. (via Smart Class)
(6) Another gold medal craft, but this one hides candy to share! (via Crafty Morning)
(7) Paint-resist finger paint art ensures that kids with any skill level can create a masterpiece for Dad. (via Whiskey Tango Foxtrot)
(8) A printable “You Rock Dad” coloring page is the perfect finishing touch for this easy to create picture. (via Katarina’s Paperie)
(9) Capture a moment in time by stitching a sweet note into beautiful wall art Dad will treasure for years to come. (via Urban Comfort)
(10) Dads that love colorful modern art will flip over these pop art portraits kids can put together. (via Red Ted Art)
(11) Colorful paint-resist mugs created just for Pops are sure to brighten up his mornings. (via I Heart Arts N Crafts)
(12) Dad will love taking notes at work when he has notepads illustrated by his children. Pair them with custom drawn gift tags so there’s no doubt who the gift is for! (via My Poppet)
(13) Kids can get hands on with this easy fingerprint plate project, perfect for Dads with keys or spare change to stow. (via What Katy Said)
(14) With paper plates as the base, this Best Dad Award is simple enough for kids to help put together. (via Small Fry)
(15) If your Dad rocks, he’ll be thrilled with this adorable multimedia “Dad Rocks” craft idea. (via Doodle & Stitch)
(16) Upcycled paint chips create a colorful, easy way to share a few simple samples of why Dad is so loved. (via Eighteen 25)
Handprint + Footprint Gifts
Moms and Dads alike are always amazed by how quickly children grow and change. Handprint gifts offer the perfect opportunity to fondly remember how very tiny those hands and feet used to be!
(1) This sweet handprint baseball craft can be completed in minutes, and is perfect for any Little League Dad! (via The Kindergarten Connection)
(2) Wiggly eyes make this simple “Little Monster” handprint craft extra fun for kids. (via Live Craft Love)
(3) Dads that are on par with the best will love receiving this golf handprint card on Father’s Day. (via Crafty Morning)
(4) Any ‘grape’ Dad will be thrilled to receive this fruit-inspired fingerprint Father’s Day card. (via Crafty Morning)
(5) These heartfelt hand cards will surely tug at Dad’s heartstrings. (via Krokotak)
(6) Dads that work hard around the house and in the yard will truly appreciate these handprint work gloves and super sweet poem. (via I Can Teach My Child)
(7) A handprint Father’s Day basketball is the perfect gift choice for a Dad that loves shooting baskets with the family. (via Sweet Stitches)
(8) This “I Love You This Much” card is easy to assemble and makes a big impact. (via A Day In My Life)
(9) Dinosaur loving Dads and their littles ones will be big fans of this roaring dinosaur handprint card. (via Crafty Morning)
(10) Don’t ever let Dad forget how little those hands used to be! This free handprint printable can help. (via Catch My Party)
(11) Make sure Dad reels in plenty of love this Father’s Day with a fishing themed handprint card. (via The Best Ideas For Kids)
(12) Little fingerprints combine to form a golf ball on this fun 3‑dimensional golf themed card. (via Crafty Morning)
(13) Let kids put their hearts in their hands with this sweet and meaningful handprint card. (via Crafty Morning)
(14) An easy foam handprint project comes together in minutes, and will mean so much to Dad. (via In The Playroom)
(15) If Dad is your child’s ultimate role model, this following in my Dad’s footsteps project is a perfect choice. (via Crafty Morning)
We’ve all heard that a picture is worth a thousand words, and it’s so true when it comes to photos of our children. Capture a special moment in time for Dad with a customized photo gift.
(1) A custom cut “Daddy” photo mat brings a fresh look to pictures of the kids this Father’s Day. (via Handmade In The Heartland)
(2) Chalk, a chalkboard, and a camera make it fun and easy to tell Dad what you love about him in this photo collage. (via Project Kid)
(3) Build beautiful memories for Dad with these super simple Lego Photo Bricks. (via A Joyful Riot)
(4) These DIY photo towers give kids a chance to do some hands-on building. (via The Happy Scraps)
(5) This rustic wood picture frame is the ideal DIY gift for a Dad that loves the outdoors. (via HGTV)
(6) A cute photo collage is the perfect way to let each child tell Dad exactly why they love him so much. (via Positively Splendid)
(7) Low-mess homemade picture frames are the perfect way to show off photo gifts this Father’s Day.
(8) Kids will love this fun outer space photo shoot to show Dad that their love stretches to the moon and back. (via Bloesem Kids)
(9) Mounting a photo on wood creates simple, modern wall art that Dad is sure to love. (via Project Nursery)
(10) It’s so simple to upcycle toilet paper rolls into these adorable Father’s Day signs featuring your children’s photos. (via Pink Stripey Socks)
(11) With the weather warming up, it’s the perfect time to create sidewalk chalk photos with your kids. (via Hip 2 Save)
(12) Some extra hardware and glue can transform a plain frame into a “Nuts About You” masterpiece Dad will love. (via Happiness is Homemade)
(13) Dress your kids up in their Dad’s clothes for a fun photoshoot that will show him who they really aspire to be when they grow up. (via Wishful Thinking Photography)
(14) This genius idea requires very little – a cutout poster and the sun! (via My Sparkle)
(15) Grab some cardboard letters at your local craft store (or make your own) and snap away to create this darling collage (via My Sparkle)
(16) …or turn your kids into the letters instead! (via The Celebration Shoppe)
(17) How sweet are these feet with a hidden message?! (source unknown)
There’s no better way to celebrate Dad than with special treats created just for him. We love how many options exist to keep Dad snacking happily all day long!
(1) Make sure Father’s Day gets off to a sweet start with these fun Dad Pancakes. (via Betty Crocker)
(2) Mason jars are everywhere lately! Make sure your “Incredi-Ball” Dad doesn’t miss out on the trend with this cute candy jar. (via Skip to my Lou)
(3) Make Dad feel like a king by serving him a delicious Father’s Day breakfast in bed! (via The Dating Divas)
(4) Stock Dad’s tackle box with something a little fishy. Hugs & (Swedish) Fishes will keep him happy whether the real ones are biting or not! (via Eighteen 25)
(5) Dads and donuts just seem like the perfect pair. Dad will love digging into these golf themed donuts Sunday morning! (via Frugal Coupon Living)
(6) If Dad’s always vying for the remote control, give in this Father’s Day. A remote control cookie is sure to make him just as happy as the real thing. (via Somewhat Simple)
(7) Use the provided templates to create fresh and festive tie appetizers for your Father’s Day meal. (via Cute As A Fox)
(8) These simple necktie napkins will set the scene for the perfect Father’s Day meal. (via Baby Center)
(9) Give the king of the grill a break, and serve him these incredible Grill Cupcakes instead! (via Frugal Mom Eh!)
(10) Fore! Dad will love indulging in these sweet Hole-In-One Cupcakes. (via Betty Crocker)
(11) This tasty gift in a jar will let your Papa Bear know you love him beary much. (via Lil Luna)
(12) Prove to Dad how valuable he is to you with this “Werth Your Weight In Gold” printable. (Via Lil Luna)
(13) Some delicious Monster trail mix makes the perfect gift from your little monsters to a Dad with a monster appetite! (via Lil Luna)
(14) Tuck Dad’s favorite indulgence, along with an adorable photo sign into a jar to put together a Dad’s Stache gift. (via Short Stop Designs)
(15) You can create a sweet reward for all of Dad’s hard work with these Best Dad Cookie Medals. (via Paging Supermom)
(16) Rice Krispie Treats and a few other add-ons come together to create the cutest little lawn mower treats for Dad. (via In The Kids Kitchen)
With so many adorable ideas and recipes, it’s tough to decide which we’d like to tackle first! It’s definitely time to get crafting – Father’s Day will be here before we know it!
about the author:
Kate is a former fashion designer turned (semi-reluctant) stay-at-home-mom. She began blogging at Homebound But Hopeful as a creative outlet following the birth of her third son. Kate is a life-long learner, hoping to raise her boys with the same curiosity. Follow along on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for early literacy, early learning, and mom life.