50 Homemade DIY Christmas Cards for Kids To Make
DIY Christmas cards not only make great gifts and keepsakes, but they give your kids a chance to be creative and think about giving to others.
We’ve rounded up the best-of-the-best homemade holiday card ideas to make with your child this year. There are easy ideas for all sorts of fun cards, including personalized ones that use your child’s handprint or photo – even some that are 3D pop-ups!
But whether you choose to make them for your whole list, or just one or two as a fun craft project, what matters most is that you’ll be creating special holiday memories together in the process.
So blast that holiday music, and get crafting!
PIN for when you’re ready to create a homemade holiday card
crafty christmas cards to make with your kids
(2) Grab some red and green paint and a few potatoes and have fun stamping these potato stamp Christmas bauble cards. (via Crafty Morning)
(3) Or use construction paper to deck the halls with this Christmas Bauble Card (via Red Ted Art)
(4) Anyone else love decorating gingerbread houses during the holiday season? Then you’re going to love making these fun miniature Gingerbread House cards! (via I Heart Crafty Things)
(6) Impress all your relatives by sending them this beautiful Christmas tree in a window card. (via I Heart Crafty Things)
(7) These jewel ornament cards are simple and beautiful – a win win, if you ask us! (via Childhood 101)
(8) This Quilled Paper Christmas Tree card is so unique, and will put anyone in the Christmas spirit! (via Red Ted Art)
(9) Have your kids pick their favorite colors and create these stunning but simple Paint Chip Christmas Tree Cards. (via One Little Project)
(11) These paper strip Christmas cards are a fun cut and paste activity. (via The Keeper of the Cheerios)
(12) You can also work on fine motor skills with these yarn laced Christmas tree cards (via Danya Banya)
(13) …or these festive Christmas Tree String Art Cards. (via The Flying Couponer)
(14) You’ll need to open up your pantry to make these colorful pasta shell Christmas tree cards. (via Cendu Param)
(15) Or take bowtie noodles to create this cute bowtie noodle Christmas wreath card. (via Crafty Morning)
(16) Try your hand at a STEM lesson with these DIY light-up cards. Although, to be fair, you might not want to give these away! (via Mama Smiles)
(18) Your kids will love these Crayon Resist Art Christmas cards (and you’ll love the printable templates with lots of ideas)! (via Our Family Code)
(19) If you’re little ones love to paint, they’ll enjoy these easy watercolor Christmas card ideas. (via Projects with Kids)
(20) For a personal touch, why not incorporate some of your child’s existing artwork into your cards this year? These Children’s Art Christmas cards are a great way to use all those drawings from the year. (via Nurture Store)
(21) And if you’re already making Santa cards, why not make his helpers, too? These super simple Elf Christmas Cards are not only cute, but incredibly easy for kids to put together. (via Red Ted Art)
(23) These tie-dye Christmas cards are super on-trend! (via Happy Toddler Playtime)
(24) Don’t forget the reindeer! This sweet reindeer card includes a free template so it’s easy and fun to make. (via Pickle Bums)
DIY Pop-up Christmas Cards
If you are feeling a little extra crafty this year, or just want to create a fun surprise with your card, these DIY pop-up holiday cards are just the thing!
(2) Your kids will love watching as these gingerbread men come to life upon opening the Gingerbread Man Paper Chain Pop Up Card. (via Red Ted Art)
(3) Teach your kids the accordion fold with this Pop-Up Christmas Tree card. (via Red Ted Art)
(4) This little reindeer pop up card includes a free printable and is so darling! (via Red Ted Art)
(5) You can even add some festive Christmas gifts under this 3D Christmas tree card! (via Artsy Craftsy Mom)
Personalized Photo Holiday Cards
What’s better than a handmade card? A handmade personalized card! These creative, photo-friendly cards are perfect for family members and friends that live far away, and make beautiful keepsakes.
(2) This snow globe photo card turns your child into a pretty snowglobe and can be displayed all winter long. (via The Best Ideas for Kids)
(3) Celebrate baby’s first Christmas with this beautiful first Christmas tree photo card (via Messy Little Monster)
(4) This Christmas gift photo pop-up card contains a cute surprise…a photo of your child! (via The Soccer Mom Blog)
(5) Swing open the personalized ornaments on this Hidden Photo Ornament Card to reveal a picture of your kids. (via The Soccer Mom Blog)
Handprint & Footprint Cards
These cards will not only be fun for kids to make, but will freeze special moments in time that you’ll want to hang onto, long past the holiday season.
(2) This footprint Christmas tree card is fun for all kids, but is especially good for young babies who might have trouble keeping their little hands open all the way for a successful handprint! (via Live Well Play Together)
(3) If your kids want a little more creative freedom, they will love these fingerprint Christmas tree cards. (via Messy Little Monster)
(4) But if you don’t want to do the whole tree, why not try these fingerprint Christmas light cards – we actually think these would be fun for the whole family to stamp their fingerprints on the light strands! (via Danya Banya)
(5) Stamp your little one’s footprint to make this red-nosed Rudolph inspired footprint card. (via Danya Banya)
(6) This fingerprint Christmas tree resist art makes for a stunning card. (via A Dab of Glue Will Do)
(8) These Elf Handprint cards are sure to bring a smile! (via Simple Everyday Mom)
(9) It will be hard to choose which one to make first between these three clever handprint cards. (via The Best Ideas for Kids)
(10) On Dasher on Dancer! Your kids will love adding their handprint antlers to this fun handprint reindeer card. (via I Heart Crafty Things)
(11) Is there a more classic Christmas poem than The Night Before Christmas? Probably not – and this little footprint Mouse Christmas card is the perfect go along for that beloved story! (via Messy Little Monster)
Winter Themed DIY Holiday Cards
If you are looking to send warm winter greetings this season with a card that isn’t solely Christmas focused, we’ve got you covered!
(2) You’ll have to waddle to the craft cabinet to make this fun penguin card (via Crafts on Sea)
(3) This simple snowman card is made with cupcake liners and is so easy to put together.. (via Crafts on Sea)
(4) If you want to get a little fancier, try this 3D snowman card. Don’t worry, there’s a free template included! (via Crafts on Sea)
(5) Your kids will love making these creative puffy paint snow globe cards. (via Red Ted Art)