Healthy Apple Snacks. 100+ Fun & Easy Recipes You Can Make With Fresh Apples.
Whether you’ve just been apple picking and are wondering “what can I make with lots of apples?” or you’re just looking for some exciting new ways to serve apples to your kids, you’ll be amazed at all these delicious, healthy snacks you can make with fresh apples!
Eating a fresh apple is a great healthy snack, but not all kids (or grown-ups for that matter!) enjoy biting into them and eating them “plain”. But we’ve got you covered with some seriously out-of-the box snack recipes made with apples that are not only fun to make and absolutely mouthwatering, but they’re actually good for you too!
Get ready to transform your apples into healthy apple snacks with recipes ranging from granola bars, to muffins, breads, dips, smoothies, chips, sliced snacks and more! Ready? Let’s dive in!
PIN for when you want to make a snack with apples:
Apple Cookies, Balls & Bars
If you’re looking for something other than traditional pies to make with apples, then feast your eyes on these delectable apple snack recipes for cookies, granola bars, and protein-rich energy balls, all made with better-for-you ingredients.
(2) Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies: If you enjoy chewy cookies, then this oatmeal version is the perfect solution. They’re made with applesauce and other simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. (via Snacks and Sips)
(3) Whole Grain Apple Oatmeal Cookies: This fluffy cookie is spiced with cinnamon, sweetened with honey, and glazed with a drizzle that makes you feel like you’re eating a decadent treat, even though it’s a healthier option! (via Well Plated)
(4) Apple Pie Energy Bites: Packed with protein, these super easy energy bites are so easy to make since they’re no bake, and you can add in any ingredients you like such as cranberries, nuts, flaxseed and more. (via Cooking Light)
(5) Apple Cinnamon Energy Balls: These 4-ingredients energy balls are no bake and so easy to make, you can get the kiddos involved in the prep! (via Cupcakes and Kale Chips)
(6) Apple Cinnamon Energy Bites: These gluten-free balls are made with almond butter and fresh apples, and are also no-bake for a convenient anytime snack. (via Kristines Kitchen Blog)
(7) Apple Almond Granola Bars: Make your very own breakfast granola bars with a few ingredients that will satisfy your craving but also have you begging for more! (via A-Kitchen-Addiction)
(8) Apple Peanut Butter Snack Bars: These gluten free bars are as wholesome as they are delicious, and since they contain peanut butter – a favorite amongst kids! – they also make for the perfect after-school snack! (via Happy Healthy Mama)
(9) Apple Crumble Bars: Craving apple pie but want a healthier option? These bars are paleo friendly, gluten and dairy free, and totally resemble a decadent crumble that you won’t be able to wait to sink your teeth into. (via The Clean Eating Couple)
(10) Apple Pie Granola Bars: Apple puree is the star ingredient that makes these healthy bars oh so soft and mouthwateringly good. (via My Kids Lick the Bowl)
(11) Healthy Honey Crisp Apple Pie Bars: These better-for-you bars are vegan and gluten-free, and combine a paleo shortbread crust with a delicious apple pie filling, spices and sweet crumble. (via Momma Fit Lyndsey)
(12) Apple Pie Crumble Bars: Simple ingredients without the preservatives. That’s what you’re dealing with in this gluten free and vegan tasty apple snack bar option! (via Minimalist Baker)
(13) Apple Pie Date Bars: These 8-ingredient bars are vegan, gluten free, and sweetened with dates as well as cinnamon and maple syrup. (via Minimalist Baker)
Apple Muffins, Breads & Cakes
If you’re more of a traditionalist when it comes to your apple snacks, but want some updated recipes, then you’ll love diving into these distinctive cakes, soft and delicious breads, and muffins made with fresh apples that put a spin on all things classic! And – bonus – so many of these recipes are inclusive of dietary needs like gluten free, dairy free, vegan and more.
(1) Apple Pull-Apart Bread: This delectable bread is not only an easy recipe, but the flaky biscuit layers will have everyone coming back for more. (via Host the Toast)
(2) Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread: This homemade loaf is moist and includes a swirl of cinnamon, but is not just delicious – it’s all vegan and gluten free! (via Delightful Adventures)
(3) Apple Cinnamon Banana Bread: This loaf is the perfect dairy-free option and is the perfect mix of traditional banana bread and a classic apple cinnamon flavor pairing. (via Little Sweet Baker)
(4) Apple Cider Bread: Sweetened with honey, this gluten free bread is the perfect option when sliced up for breakfast, or as a snack simply anytime. (via The Clean Eating Couple)
(5) Paleo Apple Cake: Seriously sweet and super moist, this healthy cake option is paleo friendly, gluten and dairy free, and amazing when served hot with a dollop of vanilla ice cream! (via Joy Food Sunshine)
(6) Apple Cider Donuts: You won’t find a healthier donut, because this one is made with chickpeas, which acts as the perfect binder! (via Minimalist Baker)
(7) Carrot Apple Snack Cake: It’s carrot cake with a twist! And a healthy one at that. This 1-bowl creation ensures less of a mess when prepping, and full flavor when enjoying. (via Minimalist Baker)
(8) Apple Cinnamon French Toast Muffins: Made with apples and cinnamon, and topped with maple syrup, these delicious muffins are the healthiest version of French toast that you can get! (via Simply Quinoa)
(9) Apple Sweet Potato Muffins: How about a serving of veggies in the form of a sweet treat? That’s what you’ll get with this flavorful apple muffin recipe! (via The Natural Nurturer)
(10) Apple Zucchini Muffins: These flour-free muffins are made with only healthy ingredients and made entirely by prepping in a blender, so the mess is minimal! (via A Couple Cooks)
(11) Healthy Apple Muffins: Made with fresh chunks of sweet apples, these muffins stand out from the rest, and they freeze well, too! (via Kristines Kitchen Blog)
(12) Apple Crumb Muffins: If you like donuts, then you’ll thoroughly enjoy the light and airy texture of this paleo and gluten free apple muffin. (via Per Chance to Cook)
(13) Vegan Pumpkin Apple Muffins: Perfect for the fall season, these healthy muffins feature the perfect amount of pumpkin with a touch of cinnamon. (via Minimalist Baker)
(14) Apple Banana Muffins: In the middle of the 21-day fix? This muffin recipe is actually approved on this diet, and will curb your cravings without feeling like you’re missing out. (via Fit Found me)
Fun Apple Snack Creations
There’s no doubt that kids love to jump in on the cooking fun. The following snack ideas made with apples involve simple prep work that little hands will be eager to help create. They’re also a win-win because you can be sure your kiddos are getting in a healthy, nutritious snack as well. The only problem is that these apple snacks are almost too cute to eat!
(1) Apple Turtle: Simply cut and arrange a green apple and apply candy googly eyes for the cutest turtle ever, and serve with a side of peanut butter! (via Simple as That Blog)
(2) Very Hungry Caterpillar: Make this classic caterpillar character out of sliced apples, babybel cheese, and fruit leather. Super easy and healthy, too! (via Cute Food for Kids)
(3) Silly Apple Monsters: Kids can’t help but smile at this silly apple snack. Use seeds for the teeth and apply candy eyes for an extra dose of fun. (via My Joy Filled Life)
(4) Apple Panda: Fruit never looked so cute! Present this plate of sliced apples and blueberries to your little ones in the arrangement of a panda bear with bamboo chutes and watch them light up! (via Simple as That Blog)
(5) Apple Frog: How darling is this frog made from an apple, grapes, cream cheese and raisins?! (via Redcipes.com)
(6) Apple Snail: This apple snack snail uses half a slice of apple, chocolate chips for eyes, and pretzel antennae! (via Ready Set Eat)
(7) Apple Penguin: No kid will be able to resist eating the whole apple when it’s as cute as this little guy! Use raisins for eyes and a baby carrot for the beak and feet. (via Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons)
(8) Apple Peanut Butter Snail: This updated version of ants on a log involves a round apple slice placed upright in the celery and peanut butter to look like a snail. (via Good Housekeeping)
(9) Apple Fish: Use a mini straw to kebob this little “fish” with apple slices and even cheese if you like! (via Cute Food for Kids)
(10) Apple Bird: This artful arrangement of apple slices involves bananas, blueberries, and oranges or peaches for the details. Too cute! (via Crafty Morning)
(11) Lady Bug Apples: Bind together apple slices with peanut butter to make a lady bug shell; then “glue” (with peanut butter) the grape on as the head, and top with raisins! (via Projects for Preschoolers)
(12) Apple Race Cars: A couple of toothpicks and cut grapes add “wheels” to these apple slices for some healthy little racecars that your kids can zoom right into their mouths. (via Kid Spot)
(13) Bunny Apple: Perfect for Easter or an anytime snack, this funny apple bunny has a jellybean nose, candy googly eyes, marshmallow teeth, and edible grass whiskers! (via Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons)
(14) Apple Turkey: Use fruit skewers to decorate this little turkey apple, and add candy googly eyes for the final touch! (via Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons)
(15) Ninja Turtle Apple: Turn their favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle character into an easy lunchbox snack. Simply take a fruit rollup and some googly eyes to transform a green apple. (via Get Creative Juice)
(16) Baby Seal: Arrange your apple slices accordingly and add grapes for the features, and slivered almonds for the little whiskers of this adorable seal! (via Kix Cereal)
(17) Apple Spiders: Sandwich peanut butter between two round apple slices, then stick in pretzels for spider legs! Top with a little face made of icing, or use chocolate chips! (via Hy-Vee)
(18) Apple Mouths: Sliced apples never looked so silly (or scary!). Simply fill with peanut butter as the binder and use almond slivers for teeth! (via Food network)
(19) Apple Donuts: This genius way to eat an apple turns it into a “donut” that you can then top with your child’s favorite spread and toppings! (via Halsa Nutrition)
(20) Crunchy Apple Boats: Cut an apple in half, smear with peanut butter, add a layer of rice cereal, and top with a slice of pineapple on a stick for an adorable sailboat snack! (via Childhood 101)
(21) Peanut Butter Apple Cinnamon Sushi Rolls: Kids love finger foods, and this is no exception! Use apple slivers inside a sandwich rollup and top with honey and cinnamon for a taste they can’t resist! (via Mom on Timeout)
(22) Peanut Butter & Chocolate Apple Nachos: This 5-minute snack involves slicing apples, drizzling with peanut butter, and topping with chocolate chips to create “Nachos”! This is a favorite amongst kids and adults alike. (via Momma Fit Lyndsey)
Sliced Apple Snacks
Who knew there was so much you could do with sliced apples? Whether you half them, split them, or cut them into “sticks”, these apple snack recipes all prove to be just as simple and fun to make as they are delicious and satisfying to eat.
(1) Apple Fruit Yogurt Donut Snacks: From kiwi, to strawberry slices and blueberries, there’s no better topping for your apple slices than other healthy fruits! (via Hello Wonderful)
(2) Apple Slice Snacks: These cored apple rounds can be topped with nut butter and a sprinkle of nuts, seeds, or whatever you prefer. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
(3) Apple Pizza: Fun and customizable, round apple slices can be topped with spreads and sprinkles of fruits, nuts, seeds, or even chocolate. (via Veddie Desserts)
(4) Donut Apples: Top your cored apple slices with chocolate or peanut butter drizzle, sprinkles, chocolate chips and more for a healthier version of a “donut”. (via Skinny Taste)
(5) Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Apple Bites: Smear some apple wedges with peanut butter, top with crunchy granola, and drizzle with chocolate if you dare! (via The Comfort of Cooking)
(6) Apple Slices with Toppings: When it comes to topping your apple slices, the possibilities are endless. Use Nutella and bananas, yogurt and granola, and more delicious combinations. (via Busy Little Chefs)
(7) Apple Wedges: Sweet and salty? Yes, please! Spread some peanut butter on your apple slices, then top with cereal for some irresistible crunch! (via Taste of Home)
(8) Cinnamon Apples: Apple pie without the pastry? You won’t mind with these cinnamon-sprinkled slices. (via The Honour System)
(9) Apple Pops: Everything’s more fun on a stick! Put an apple wedge on a stick, dip in yogurt, and top with chocolate chips, sprinkles, or whatever you like! (via Super Healthy Kids)
(10) Apple “Sandwich“: Want quick and easy? Simply sandwich peanut butter between round apple slices and fill with raisins for a great on-the-go snack. (via Messes to Memories)
(11) Apple Sandwiches: It’s all about aesthetic with these little sammies! A heart-shaped cutout shows off the toppings of choice inside these apple round slices. (via Mama Papa Bubba)
(12) Cinnamon Apple Chips: Bored of apple slices? Cut them in rounds and then bake for a crisp apple chip sprinkled with cinnamon that the whole family will devour! (via Carries Experimental Kitchen)
(13) Dried Apples: These chewy slices are dipped in cinnamon sugar and thrown in the dehydrator – delicious and fun to make! (via Super Healthy Kids)
(14) Baked Apple Cinnamon Chips: Whether you prefer sweet or tart slices, these crispy apple chips are thinly sliced and baked to perfection. (via Downshiftology)
(15) Apple Cheese Wraps: Perfect for lunch boxes, these apple slices are wrapped in deli meats with a slice of cheese inside for a healthy sweet-and-savory snack! (via Weelicious)
Warm/Baked Apple Snacks
More than just your all-American apple pie, this whole section of recipes involves warm or baked apples, so get your oven ready for some fresh ideas to delight the taste buds while serving up some solid nutrition.
(1) Apple Crisp Baked Stuffed Apples: Golden and baked to perfection, these mouthwatering apples are filled with tasty apple crisp and are perfection when served with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream on top. (via Life in the Loft House)
(2) Baked Apples with Oatmeal and Yogurt: This healthier version of the baked apple is filled with an oatmeal mixture and topped with yogurt instead of ice cream! (via Food Network)
(3) Baked Apples: Bake apple halves and top with an oh-so satisfying streusel topping made with all healthy ingredients. You’ll satisfy your sweet tooth without all the bad-for-you stuff. (via Super Healthy Kids)
(4) Warm Apple Toast: With only 4 ingredients (bread, apple slices, nut butter and cinnamon), this delicious apple snack is super quick to make for snack time, breakfast, or even an easy dinner! (via Pop Sugar)
(5) Apple & Brie Tartlets: If you love all things sweet and savory, then these flaky little puff pastries filled with soft brie and apples is just the ticket! (via Little Sweet Baker)
(6) Apple Pie Turnovers: These little turnovers are the perfect finger foods and perfectly portioned for a filling snack that’s just as adorable as it is delicious. (via Weelicious)
(7) Baked Apple Oatmeal: Made with mashed bananas and diced apples, this oatmeal is full of flavor and is the perfect option for a healthy breakfast any day of the week. (via Super Healthy Kids)
(8) Simple Baked Apples: Simple, delicious, and healthy – what’s not to love? These cubed baked apples are simpler than a pie, but taste all the same. (via Happy Healthy Mama)
(9) Sautéed Apples with Cinnamon: Made with just three ingredients, these delicious sautéed apples are delicious on their own, as a pancake topping, or as a side for lunch! (via Yummy Toddler Food)
(10) Apple Pie Bites: Crescent rolls are the key to wrapping up these delicious little apple pie bites, along with the brown sugar, pecan, and pie spice flavorings. (via The Blond Cook)
(11) Apple Pie Roll-ups: Baked and not fried, these decadent little rollups work well with potato bread as the outer wrap, and take only five minutes of prep time. (via The Happier Homemaker)
Apple Smoothies & Parfaits
There are so many more ways to enjoy the juicy flavor of apples without just chomping into them! Check out these awe-inspiring apple smoothies and parfait recipes that will not only keep you fueled on the go, but completely satisfied if you’re craving something sweet.
(1) Apple Pie in a Cup: An easy dessert with no baking required? We’re in. Simply fill a cup with a layer of graham crackers, apples, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon. (via The Printable Princess)
(2) Green Apple Smoothie: Start your day off on the right foot with a protein-packed, fiber-rich smoothie with electrolytes – it has everything you need! (via Simply Quinoa)
(3) Apple Crisp Yogurt Parfait: Layer in your apples with yogurt and a crunchy granola topping to get your day started off on the right food with this delicious breakfast snack! (via The Seasoned Mom)
(4) Apple Pie Smoothie: Apples in smoothie form? Yes, please! This decadent drink is made from frozen apples, almond milk, nuts, cinnamon, and dates. (via That Girl Cooks Healthy)
(5) Apple Smoothie: Keep it simple and sweet with this few-ingredient smoothie that’s low on calories and ready in a flash. Perfect for on-the-go breakfasts or an in-between meal snack. (via Upstate Ramblings)
Dips are super easy, fun to make, and one of the easiest things to have prepared if you’re getting ready to serve guests (or hungry kids!). These dip recipes are either made with fresh apples, or are the perfect accompaniment for dipping in an apple slice.
(1) Apple Pie Dip with Cinnamon Sugar Chips: Apple pie in dip form? Sign us up! Enjoy this delectable warm apple salsa with cinnamon sugar chips. (via Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons)
(2) Apple Flowers: Kids especially love any snacks with a fun presentation. Simply arrange apple slices around a dipping bowl of peanut butter, yogurt, or anything they like for a blooming arrangement they’ll be excited to eat. (via CBC)
(3) Apple Mango Salsa: This unique salsa is made with sweet apples and mango, paired with savory onions, peppers, cilantro and more for an unexpected kick that you’ll love in an instant. (via Little Sweet Baker)
(4) Healthy Spiced Apple Dip: Perfect for little ones and packed with protein, this simple dip is easy to make, and your little ones can help with the process. (via Baby Foodie)
(5) Healthy Caramel Apple Dip: Vegan, gluten free, and dairy free, this incredible caramel apple dip is positively sinful – but without the guilt! (via Freshwater Peaches)
(6) Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Apple Dip: Honey, peanut butter, and yogurt are the only three ingredients needed for this healthy, quick, and delicious dip that’s super addictive and ready in a flash. (via Together as Family)
(7) Apple Fries with Creamy Peanut Butter Dip: This creamy dip is even more delightful when served with apples cut into sticks and topped with a fresh sprinkle of cinnamon. (via (Weight Watchers)
Indulgent Apple Snacks/Desserts
Beware: The following recipes are bound to overwhelm your taste buds with such decadence that you’ll find it hard to stop at just one serving! These apple recipes are pretty popular in the world of desserts, but can be enjoyed for breakfast or any time of day. We just couldn’t resist including them, and as they say, everything in moderation!
(1) Apple Fritter Waffle Donuts: Making waffles will never feel the same after you’ve indulged in this scrumptious little donut hybrid. (via Inside Bru Crew Life)
(2) Apple Blondies: Blondies are a classic, but adding in apples take them to a whole new level – they look like a brownie, but taste like a pie! (via Nums the Word)
(3) Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices: This fun update to a caramel apple involves slicing up some apples on sticks, dipping in chocolate, and drizzling with caramel! (via Mom Loves Baking)
(4) Caramel Apple Bark: Made with chocolate, pretzels, caramel, and apples, this delightful bark is not only easy to make, but has a beautiful presentation as well. (via Butter with a Side of Bread)
(5) Caramel Apple Taquitos: These deliciously simple torts are loaded with scrumptious apple pie filling and rolled up into absolute perfection. (via Cincy Shopper)
(6) Southern Apple Hand Pies: These traditional hand pies are about as classic as it gets, perfectly portioned, and they also freeze well so you can save some for later! (via A Farm Girls Kitchen)
(7) Apple Pie Crescent Rolls: Who doesn’t love a flaky layered crescent roll? Especially one filled with warm baked apples and drizzled with cinnamon on top. (via 5 Minutes from Mom)
(8) Apple Pie Egg Rolls: This unique egg roll is crisp and crunchy on the outside, with a warm and oozy apple pie filling center. What’s not to love? (via Emily Bites)
(9) Fried Apple Spirals: You’ll need an apple peeler for this delicious snack that’s batter-dipped and golden fried to perfection. (via My Recipes)
(10) Easy Caramel Apple Bites: If you’re looking for just a bite-sized dessert or a delicious appetizer that’s both sweet and salty, then these little gems are definitely the way to go. (via Easy Family Recipe Ideas)
(11) Apple Monkey Bread Bites: Monkey bread is always a hit, and this one is oozing with buttery apple and cinnamon goodness. Made in a muffin tin, the servings are just right for individual portions. (via Living Well Mom)
(12) Air Fryer Mini Apple Pies: Do you love using your air fryer as much as we do? If so, then check out this recipe for little hand apple pies that you can whip up and serve in no time at all. (via All Recipes)
(13) Apple Cheesecake Bars: If an apple pie and a cheesecake got married, then this recipe is their baby. These crumbled-topped layered bars will surely be something you’ll make time and time again. (via Crazy for Crust)
More Apple Snack Ideas To Love
These apple snack recipes broke the mold – they’re unique, flavor-filled and will be loved by all ages!
(1) Honeycrisp Apple Quesadilla: All hail the king of sweet and savory recipes! These quesadillas aim to please with sweet apples and salty bacon and cheese as the highlights. (via Home and Plate)
(2) Brie Apple and Honey Crostini: Serve these crostinis topped with brie, apple, and honey drizzle, as a simple snack, delicious lunch, or fun appetizer. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
(3) Fresh Apple Granola: Made with fresh apples, this crunchy granola is an amazing breakfast that can hold its own but is just as satisfying as a topper to yogurt and more. (via One Dish Kitchen)
(4) Apple Cinnamon Fruit Rollup: Packed with favor, these apple cinnamon rollups are fun to make, and are a much healthier version than the kind you buy at the grocery store. (via Delish)
(5) Strawberry Apple Fruit Leather: These fruity strips are just like the classic fruit rollups that everyone knows and loves, but without all the added sugar! (via Eat Drink Love)
So there you have it, over 100 fun ways to create healthier snacks with apples. Not only will these apple recipes get you thinking about the delicious fruit in new and exciting ways, but your family will sure thank you for it!
Added bonus: your house will smell absolutely amazing from the sweet scent of apples or cinnamon stewing. Who can resist that?! Especially when there are so many healthy options!
Which apple snack recipe are you most excited to try first?
Jill is a Creative Director at a marketing agency who also runs her blog, Kentucky Makeup Junkie. She lives in Northern Kentucky with her eight-year-old daughter, four-year-old son, and firefighter husband. She’s a beauty fanatic, fashion lover, and Mompreneur that loves to get her hands on anything creative. Follow along with her on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Looking for more fun Fall activities you can enjoy with your family? Check out The Best Fall Family Bucket List Ideas (+ Free Printable Bingo Game)