Air Fryer Quesadillas are a super easy weeknight meal or quick lunch that the whole family can enjoy. We’ve amped them up by adding cheesesteak ingredients and flavors – they’re insanely delicious!
Quesadillas are one of our favorite quick and easy meals that everyone in the family will eat. We used to make them in a frying pan but cringed every time we had to flip them (cue tumbling toppings!), so when we discovered that making them in the air fryer results in perfectly crispy tortillas and ooey-gooey melty cheese, we were sold!
We started playing around with different air fryer quesadilla recipes, and the clear winner was this fun spin on a cheesesteak sub – with all the same delicious flavors, but in an easier-to-eat, and quicker-to-make format!
These Cheesesteak Quesadillas only take a few minutes to cook to perfection in your air fryer, and can be easily customized with your family’s favorite fillings and toppings. Read on for the easy recipe!
RELATED: Want more easy air fryer recipes? Head on over to our popular post, 100 Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Kids & Families
PIN for when you want an easy meal of delicious homemade quesadillas:
What You’ll Need
If you want to make our delicious Air Fryer Cheesesteak Quesadillas, here are the simple ingredients you’ll need (scroll to the bottom for all the specific measurements on the recipe card):
- Flour Tortillas
- Deli-style Roast Beef
- Dijonnaise (1/2 Dijon Mustard + 1/2 Mayonnaise)
- Shredded Cheese (we used Mozzarella, but you could substitute for Monterey Jack, Cheddar Cheese or a Mexican Blend)
- Bell Peppers
How to Make Air Fryer Cheesesteak Quesadillas – Step By Step Instructions
First, drizzle olive oil (avocado oil also works well) into a skillet and turn to medium heat. Add your sliced onion and peppers and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally.
Place your tortillas on a flat surface and spread the “Dijonnaise” over the entire tortilla. Place tortilla into the air fryer basket.
Layer roast beef, cheese and cooked veggies on top of the tortilla. Carefully fold tortilla in half to create a half moon shape.
(editor’s note: Yes, of course you can use real steak in these! We went for the quicker/easier route by using roast beef, but if you have leftover steak or want to cook some up, the recipe works just as well!)
Use a toothpick to secure the edges together as the hot air can sometimes lift the top half up, away from the fillings.
Air fry at 350 degrees F for 4 minutes per side, or until the quesadillas are golden, crispy and the cheese is nice and melted.
Remove from air fryer and place on a cutting board. Use a knife or pizza cutter to make smaller slices that are ready to be devoured!
These are even delicious at room temperature – try popping them into your child’s lunch box!
We love to serve them with a variety of our favorite toppings including guacamole, salsa, cilantro garnish, lime wedges, sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Creative Air Fryer Quesadilla Variations
There are SO many delicious variations you can create with this air fryer quesadilla recipe. Try these swaps and substitutions:
- Air Fryer Steak and Cheese Quesadilla: Remove the spread and veggies and keep it super simple! This is a great variation for little kids who are picky eaters.
- Air Fryer Steak ‘n’ Veggie Quesadilla: Add in extra veggies – we love throwing spinach and mushrooms into the mix.
- Air Fryer Chicken Quesadillas: Swap the meat for shredded chicken.
- Air Fryer Shrimp Quesadilla: Swap the meat for cooked shrimp.
- Air Fryer Veggie Quesadilla: Remove the meat and enjoy double the veggies instead. Add some black beans for extra protein.
- Air Fryer Cheeseburger Quesadilla: Add cooked ground beef + shredded cheese to half of the tortilla, then fold for this yummy variation.
- Air Fryer Cheese Quesadilla: Keep it classic with just refried beans and melted cheese.
- Air Fryer Breakfast Quesadilla: Add in a ½ cup of scrambled eggs for an easy breakfast.
These crispy quesadillas made in your air fryer are a great way to get added veggies and protein into your family’s diet – and once you taste the difference the air fryer makes, you’ll never go back to using your stovetop again!
RELATED: Want more easy air fryer recipes? 100 Easy Air Fryer Recipes for Kids & Families has got you covered!
Air Fryer Cheesesteak Quesadilla
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 16 oz Deli Roast Beef cut into strips
- 4 tbsp “Dijonnaise” 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard + 2 tbsp Mayonnaise, mixed together
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Medium Onion sliced
- 1 Red Pepper julienned
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- Sour Cream
- Greek Yogurt
- Lime Wedges
- Drizzle olive oil into a skillet and heat to medium heat. Cook peppers and onions until translucent.
- Spread 1 tbsp Dijonnaise on each tortilla. Place tortilla onto air fryer basket.
- Layer 4 oz roast beef, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ of the veggies onto the tortilla. Carefully fold tortilla in half to create a half moon shape.
- Air fry for 4 minutes per side at 350F.