This healthy frozen yogurt fruit bark pizza will quickly become your kids’ go-to snack. The recipe is insanely easy, and a great one to get the kids involved – your older kids could even do it by themselves! And we love that you can customize it to include all their favorite flavors and healthy toppings.
We’ve teamed up with our favorite yogurt brand, Stonyfield Organic, to show you how quick and simple it is to make.
These frozen yogurt fruit pizza slices can be stored in your freezer for several weeks, but if your family is anything like ours, they will be gone long before then!
Pin for when you want an easy, healthy snack for your kids:
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN YOGURT FRUIT BARK PIZZA
The best thing about this healthy snack is that it doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, and as long as you have the yogurt, you can use whatever fruit and toppings you have on hand.
We buy the quarts (32oz containers) of Stonyfield organic yogurt – it comes in a whole variety of flavors and styles and is made without the use of artificial hormones, antibiotics, GMOs and toxic persistent pesticides.
We love to support organic family farms, and Stonyfield’s network supports hundreds of them + thousands of organic cows and over 200,000 organic acres. From their roots as an organic farming school in New Hampshire, they’ve always had a mission for healthy food, healthy people and a healthy planet. When they first started making yogurt in 1983, today’s definition of organic didn’t even exist, but they knew that organic milk was more nutritious than its conventional counterpart because the cows were actively grazing on grass, as nature intended! Now it’s backed by science that organic is better for our bodies, and when making healthy choices for our family, we want to choose a brand that is transparent about what’s in their products (and what’s not!).
For this recipe, we like to use Stonyfield Organic Greek for a little extra protein or their Whole Milk flavors for a super creamy consistency our kids’ love (+ billions of probiotics to help support immunity and digestive health!). But you could use any of their varieties, including YoBaby and YoKids.
- Approximately 2 cups organic Stonyfield yogurt – choose your favorite flavor!
- Sliced/chopped fruit
- Lemon juice (if using bananas or apples)
- Optional toppings: nuts, dried fruit, chia seeds, hemp hearts, shredded coconut, nut butter drizzle, chocolate chips
- Grab a round baking pan (any size works!) and line it with parchment paper.
- Pour in your yogurt and spread it out evenly with the back of a spoon or spatula. You want your yogurt layer to be approximately ¼” thick, so if you’re using a bigger pan, you may need to add a little extra.
- Sprinkle the fruit on top and add any extra toppings (if using bananas or apples, coat in lemon juice first so they don’t turn brown)
We made the one above in a pie tart tin with a removable bottom – the edges were fluted and made a pretty “crust”!
- Pop in the freezer for 8-10 hours or until fully hardened.
- Remove from the freezer and let sit for 10-15 minutes (this will make it easier to cut).
- Lift up the parchment paper to release your Frozen Yogurt Pizza and use a sharp knife to cut into slices.
TIP: Store the remaining slices in a Ziploc bag and place back into your freezer. Keeps for several weeks!
TRY THESE FUN COMBINATIONS
- Chunky Monkey: Stonyfield Banilla yogurt + bananas + peanut butter drizzle + chocolate chips
- Strawberry Delight: Stonyfield Strawberry yogurt + berries Fruit Salad: Stonyfield Plain yogurt + chopped fruit selection
- Health Nut: Stonyfield Plain yogurt + fruit + nuts + chia seeds, hemp hearts and flax
- Tropical: Stonyfield Vanilla yogurt + chopped mango and pineapple + unsweetened shredded coconut
Serve a slice to your kids for an easy breakfast, a mid-morning snack or an after-school treat. We can’t help ourselves snacking on them either!