Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Crafts For Kids. 50+ Creative Holiday Projects Made From Cardboard Tubes!
Celebrate the holiday season with these festive DIY Christmas crafts for kids using empty toilet paper rolls.
The holidays are the perfect time to engage in a fun crafting session with your kids. But with all of the holiday expenses stacking up, there’s no need to spend a ton of money on fancy craft supplies – especially when you can upcycle your empty cardboard tubes into amazing creations for free!
Whether you want to create a new tree ornament, a special gift, or display your favorite winter characters, we’ve pulled together all of the best Christmas toilet paper roll crafts for kids right here.
With so many great ideas, make sure you keep a stash of empty TP rolls handy for when inspiration strikes!
PIN for when you want to make easy toilet paper roll crafts for Christmas:
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts with Christmas Characters
Bring your favorite Christmas and winter-themed characters to life with these creative holiday crafts made from toilet paper rolls. From Santa, to the Nutcracker, your kids will not only be entertained while creating them, but can also use them for imaginative play once they’re done.
(1) Older children will enjoy making these recycled toilet paper roll Elves with darling felt outfits. (via A Moms Impression)
(2) Ho! Ho! Ho! This cardboard roll Santa Claus is a festive holiday craft that will bring the jolly ol’ fella into your home all season long. (via Artsy Craftsy Mom)
(3) Bring Rudolph to life with this simple toilet paper roll craft that includes a printable template – we love the red gem nose! (via Simple Everyday Mom)
(4) Grab some felt and empty toilet paper rolls to craft these awesome Christmas Carolers. (via Crafty Morning)
(5) Even if you can’t make it to the ballet, children will have fun retelling the classic Christmas tale with these Nutcracker Characters, including the Sugar Plum Fairy and mouse! (via Red Ted Art)
(6) Make a whole fleet of these handprint toilet paper roll Reindeer – they’re a craft and a keepsake, all in one! (via The Resourceful Mama)
(7) Try a creative perspective with this fun Santa Going Down the Chimney cardboard tube craft. (via Crafty Morning)
(8) Watch the movie and then make this sneaky Grinch to play with – your kids will love adding the pom poms! (via Simple Everyday Mom)
(9) It doesn’t get much easier than this TP roll Snowman – all you need is an empty paper tube, marker and colorful yarn. (via Reuse Grow Enjoy)
(10) This cute loo roll Gingerbread Man craft will get you hungry for the real thing! (via Our Kid Things)
(11) This tutorial includes easy steps to create 4 iconic Christmas favorites: a Snowman, Reindeer, Santa and Elf. (via The Best Ideas for Kids)
(12) Santa’s Pants and iconic belt buckle are front and center with this unique toilet paper roll Christmas craft. (via Sew Simple Home)
(13) Upcycle your cardboard tube into this pretty Angel with paper doilies and a sparkly halo. (via The Craft Train)
(14) Grab some yarn, construction paper and your empty cardboard tubes to create a fun group of Christmas Gnomes. (via Crafts by Amanda)
(15) Combine your toilet paper rolls with empty egg cartons to create this unbelievable Santa Sleigh with Reindeer. (via Itsy Bitsy Fun)
(16) This cute Elf makes a fun companion craft for Santa and is so easy thanks to the free printable template from Simple Everyday Mom.
Christmas Ornaments and Decorations from Toilet Paper Rolls
Who would have thought that you could create tree-worthy ornaments and mantle-worthy Christmas decorations from a toilet paper roll?! But these beautiful holiday themed cardboard tube crafts prove you can!
(1) Save a few toilet paper rolls for this cheerful Christmas Tree ornament. (via The Resourceful Mama)
(2) Hot glue and glitter is all you need to add to your TP tubes to create these beautiful Snowflakes. (via One Little Project)
(3) It doesn’t get much easier than these stacked Snowman ornaments. A few cuts, some white paint, a dab of glue and ribbon is all you need. One of the best easy toilet paper roll Christmas crafts for kids. (via The Resourceful Mama)
(4) These toilet paper roll Santa ornaments will be a welcome addition to your Christmas tree décor. (via Krokotak)
(5) These Poinsettia ornaments are an easy craft to make and pretty enough to hang on your tree. (via One Little Project)
(6) It’s hard to believe these pretty Mini Wreath ornaments are made from toilet paper rolls, but they are! (via Happiness is Homemade)
(7) Craft some pretty Star-Shaped Christmas ornaments with an empty TP roll, paint and scissors. (via Oh Oh Deco)
(8) Toilet paper roll Reindeer ornaments are a perfect easy art project for younger children, and chances are, you already have the pipe cleaners and googly eyes in your craft supplies! (via Happy Hooligans)
(9) Can you believe this stunning Wreath is made from toilet paper rolls?! Although the instructions are not in English, the idea is simple enough to follow along with just the photos. (via Kiflie’s Levendula)
(10) Or how about this amazing Holly Wreath creation! (via Kitchen Counter Chronicle)
(11) Opt for an easier Christmas Wreath better suited for young children that will get their fine motor skills working with lots of threading practice. (via Fantastic Fun and Learning)
(12) You’ll need a few months’ worth of empty toilet paper rolls to make this huge Christmas Tree, but the end result can be displayed for years to come. (via By Claudya)
(13) Wow! These stunning Angel ornaments really take the humble toilet paper roll to a new level and would be such a fun craft project for older kids. (via My Scandinavian Home)
(14) Display your winter greenery in this adorable Reindeer Vase. (via Ocean Child Crafts)
(15) These decorative 3D Trees combine 2 of the most humble craft supplies of all time: the toilet paper roll and the paper plate! These make a great Christmas decoration. (via Pink Stripey Socks)
(16) Your kids will love decorating these Stacked Snowmen – the entire structure (even his hat!) is made from TP rolls. (via Happy Hooligans)
(17) Recycle those toilet roll tubes into a pretty Christmas Tree Plaque that you can hang up every year. (via Mod Podge Rocks)
(18) These Snowman Windsocks are so cute to display inside or outside your home during the holidays. (via Easy Peasy and Fun)
(19) These cool, Modern Reindeer require a little intricate cutting, but are such a neat craft and can be displayed on the edge of your mantle or shelves. (via Deco Ideas)
(20) Make an entire TP tube Nativity Scene with Mary, Joseph and the 3 Wise Men that your kids can actually play with! (via Inspired by Family)
(21) If your kids have a small Christmas tree all their own, they’ll be totally jazzed to make a toilet paper roll Angel to go on top. (via Red Ted Art)
(22) These cardboard tube Personalized Christmas Trees feature your kids as the star on top! They make a lovely keepsake or grandparent gift. (via The Soccer Mom Blog)
RELATED: Want more personalized Christmas crafts? Check out DIY Personalized Christmas Ornament Keepsakes That Kids Can Make (And You’ll Treasure Forever)
(23) Make an incredible Christmas village from your empty cardboard tubes to display on your mantle. (via Crafts by Amanda)
(24) These neutral toilet paper roll Christmas Trees are an easy art project that can match almost any decor. (via Hello, Wonderful)
(25) Take out your scissors and sequins to create this cool Spiral Christmas Tree decoration. (via Crafts by Amanda)
(26) Make a beautiful display of faux Christmas Candles using all kinds of cardboard tubes and paper rolls with this tutorial from Smile Mercantile.
(27) Make your guests smile with these DIY Santa Napkin Rings, made from a TP tube, ribbon, and a few crafty embellishments. (via Tikkido)
(28) String these toilet tube Christmas Lights together and hang on your tree for an inexpensive garland. (via Crafting a Green World)
(29) This Coiled Candy Cane is a great way for your kids to practice their scissor skills, and could even be used as a Christmas tree ornament. (via Crafts by Amanda for Kix)
(30) These Christmas Tree Napkin Rings are an easy, kid-friendly table decoration for your Christmas dinner. (via Red Ted Art)
Christmas Gifts and Treasures from Toilet Paper Rolls
A toilet paper tube is the perfect vessel for small gifts and treasures, and can easily be dolled up for the holidays. Just take a look at these creative cardboard roll craft ideas:
(1) This Snowman Gift Box makes the perfect wrapper for small gifts or a holiday treat. (via Red Ted Art)
(2) Alternatively, upcycle those loo rolls into a cute Reindeer Gift Box – it’s a great way to gift money! (via Red Ted Art)
(3) Or keep it classic and have your kids decorate these Holiday Gift Boxes however they’d like! (via Red Ted Art)
(4) These pretty cardboard tube Christmas Crackers are a more grown-up craft that older kids will love. Stuff them with candy, small toys, or jokes and place them on the Christmas table, ready for pulling. (via So Much Better With Age)
(5) Turn your TP rolls into a stunning Yule Log Favor Box with some printable birch bark. (via Martha Stewart)
(6) Your kids can try and “spy” on Santa with this simple Santa Binoculars craft. (via Mommyhood Life)
Christmas Advent Calendars with Toilet Paper Rolls
Countdown to Christmas with a homemade advent calendar using recycled toilet paper tubes. Start collecting them now as these projects use a lot!
(1) Place a cupcake wrapper over your TP rolls and tie them together with ribbon to make this fun Christmas Tree Advent Calendar. (via A Mother Thing)
(2) This fun Punch-Out Advent Calendar tutorial uses plastic cups, but you could just as easily swap them out for a more eco-friendly option: toilet rolls! Kids will love punching through every morning to find a hidden prize. (via It’s Always Autumn)
(3) This unique Christmas Advent Calendar turns each TP roll into a little house with a door that opens to reveal a special treasure. (via maya made)
(4) We can’t get over how genius this recycled Advent Calendar is – made from a cardboard box and 24 toilet paper roll tubes! (via Fun Crafts Kids)
(5) Another incredible Countdown Calendar idea here – start saving your cardboard tubes now (or cut up several paper towel rolls or even your wrapping paper tubes!). (via maya made)
So there you have it, over 50 easy Christmas Crafts using your empty toilet paper rolls!
Your kids will have so much fun creating upcycled treasures this Christmas season – which one will they make first?
RELATED: Want more Toilet Paper Roll Craft ideas that you can make year-round? Check out: Easy Toilet Paper Roll Crafts For Kids. 150+ Genius Ideas For Cardboard Tubes!