whatmomslove | Nov 7, 2018 | 0
Gift Guide: The Best Gift Ideas for Superhero & Star Wars Lovers
The best gift ideas for kids who love Superheroes or Star Wars
Greetings! We’re so glad you’ve landed on one of our incredible 2018 What Moms Love Gift Guides for Kids. If you’re in the midst of frantically searching for the perfect toy for your child (or niece, or nephew, or friend’s kid, or…well, you get the picture) you can breathe a sigh of relief, because this is where you’ll find it. The gift that will not only get gasps of excitement when opening, but one that won’t be relegated to the bottom of a deep, dark storage bin.
In case you’re not familiar with our guides, we work year‐round testing toys with kids of all ages and stages, and feature only the ones that repeatedly knock their socks off. We arrange these gems in our different guides based on a child’s interests because we asked parents how they typically shop, and the overwhelming response was that they search for what their child is currently obsessing over – you know, that one “category” they just can’t get enough of.
This guide is for those that have an aspiring superhero or Jedi knight in their family and want to add a little extra KAPOW! to a gift giving occasion. We’re found the most unique, high‐quality gift ideas featuring your child’s favorite bad‐guy fighters, ranging from toys, games and books, to activities, outfits and even room décor. There are no “kryptonite” gifts here – only ones that will be played with, crafted, worn or worshipped from the first battle all the way until mission accomplished.
But one last thing before we get to all the BAM! BOOM! POW! goodness — if you’d like to be alerted to any sales or special deals we receive on any of these gifts, make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. We’ll also let you know when new guides launch (and we’re always working on more!), and hook you up with our other exclusive content like our popular report: 10 Screen‐Free Toys for Guaranteed Quiet Time That Will Let You Relax, Recharge, Or Put The Laundry Away.
Become an exclusive subscriber
Join over 300,000 subscribers & social media followers and gain access to exclusive content, freebies, discounts and more!
Note: this post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.
PIN or bookmark so you’ll be ready come gift giving season:
toys + games
Wooden Peg People
We love one‐of‐a‐kind, homemade toys so we got super excited over these Super Hero Peg People we found on Etsy’s Peg Buddies shop. The set of eight includes classic superheroes like Superman, Batman, Robin, Ironman, Captain America, the Incredible Hulk, Spiderman and Wolverine.
These cute peg dolls measure 3 1/2″ tall, are entirely hand painted and sealed with non‐toxic acrylic paint. And since they are made‐to‐order, this truly is a one‐of‐a‐kind gift that surely will become keepsakes for your children to one day pass down. The pegs come in a fabric drawstring pouch, perfect for storage and travel.
Fisher‐Price Imaginext Toys
Although we don’t include a lot of large plastic‐type toys in our gift guides, we do love the Imaginext line‐up from Fisher‐Price for their excellent playability (and we can’t deny the excitement kids get playing with these cleverly designed classics).
Imaginext offers a huge assortment of super hero sets to choose from. A few of our favorites include the Justice League Command Center, which has an easy‐to‐use remote control and opens up for play time inside…plus what little kid can resist a toy that launches a projectile?!
The Imaginext DC Super Friends figures are a great option for stocking stuffers or to put in a pouch for take‐along play when traveling or at a restaurant.
And every super hero fan needs a Batcave to add to their collection. The Imaginext DC Friends Batcave is a true classic and is approved by our team here at What Moms Love – a few of our staff have had this for years and their kids keep coming back to play with it long after they are past the 3–7 age range!
Super Hero Rag Doll
We can’t get enough of these adorable, hand‐made superhero rag dolls from the Etsy shop, La Loba Studio. Created by a mom of three who wanted her children to grow up learning to appreciate what makes them different, La Loba Studio was born out of the need for female super hero role models for children but soon grew to include super heroes of all races and genders…or even no gender at all. She knows that every child is unique and that’s why she makes every doll individually by hand.
Choose your favorite superhero doll (there are so many options, you can find one that looks just like the lucky boy or girl getting this as a gift!) and the shop’s owner will hand embroider the name on the cape, back of doll, or other clothing item. You can also purchase extra clothes and accessories for the doll like pants, skirts, tops, vests, pajamas, blankets and pillows.
LEGO continues to be a mainstay in our gift giving and something that appeals to kids of all ages. There are so many LEGO kits featuring super heroes and Star Wars characters, that you really can’t go wrong. A few of our favorites that really engage kids include the the DUPLO Super Heroes Batman Batcave Challenge, the Super Heroes Batman: Gotham City Cycle Chase, the Star Wars Captain Rex’s AT‐TE, and the new Star Wars VIII BB‐8.
littleBits Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit
This award‐winning STEM toy comes with everything kids need to create and control their own Droid – right down to the battery – plus stickers and extra accessories. Kids can build a Droid using the easy step‐by‐step, in‐app instructions and then challenge themselves to up their inventor skills by building a new, custom Droid.
Stickers and in‐app missions help kids get creative – inventing their own R2 unit with crafts and household objects, and giving their Droid its own unique personality. Using the Droid Inventor app for iPhone and Android, kids can teach their Droid new skills like head spins and self navigation, and send it on special Star Wars missions.
And let’s not forget about board games! Most of the classic games have a Star Wars special edition like Monopoly, Sorry, Trouble, Guess Who, Risk and Clue. We also love Battleship: Star Wars Edition and Super Hero Memory. These are perfect for post‐holiday meals or to add to your family game night collection.
RELATED: Don’t miss our incredible games gift guide: The Best Board Games for Kids & Families (That Aren’t Candy Land or Monopoly!)
art + activities
Artistic avengers assemble! For kids who like to get a little more creative, there are so many fantastic super hero crafts and activities that it’s hard to include them all in this guide! Here are a few of our very favorite things:
(12) Star Wars Doodles
You can never go wrong gifting books, and these super hero and Star Wars titles are sure to please even the pickiest of crime fighters:
(1) DC Super Heroes: My First Book of Girl Power: This bright board book is a celebration of girl power for budding super heroines and introduces them to beloved characters including Wonder Woman and Batgirl. From Wonder Woman’s ability to find the truth to Black Canary’s powerful voice, to Batgirl’s keen mind, readers will find much to admire. Cool, classic art makes for a fun, colorful package. Also check out the My First Book of Superpowers geared towards boys.
(2) Ten Rules of Being a Superhero: This story illuminates the fantasy world of one little boy and his favorite toy, Captain Magma. Together, they are Lava Boy and Captain Magma, an unstoppable duo committed to rescuing others, setting a good example, and being brave in a world that doesn’t always understand them. These rules will appeal to young superheroes (and their sidekicks) everywhere.
(3) 5‐Minute Stories: These collections each include numerous stories that are the perfect length for reading aloud in about five minutes, making them great for jam‐packed days. Get the 5‐Minute Marvel Stories, featuring Marvel Super Heroes like Spider‐Man and Iron Man; the 5‐Minute Avengers Stories featuring favorites like Captain America and Iron Man; the 5‐Minute DC Super Friends Stories featuring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman; the 5‐Minute Star Wars Stories, and more.
(4) Even Superheroes Have Bad Days: Everyone has a bad day now and then – even superheroes. In this engaging book, readers see superheroes with great skills, abilities, and strength succumb to ill moods. Nonetheless, “upset superheroes have all sorts of choices….Instead of destruction and loud, livid voices they burn angry steam off with speed‐of‐light hiking or super‐Xtreme outer space mountain biking.”
(5) Goodnight Darth Vader: It’s bedtime in the Star Wars galaxy in this delightful children’s tale, and the Sith Lord must soothe his rambunctious twins, Luke and Leia – who are not ready to sleep and who insist on a story. As Vader reads, the book looks in on favorite creatures, droids, and characters, such as Yoda, R2‐D2, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Maul, Admiral Ackbar, Boba Fett, and many others. Author Jeffrey Brown’s charming illustrations and humor glow throughout to enchant adults and kids alike.
Personalized Stories: With (6) Put Me in the Story, you can personalize several Marvel stories using your child’s name, evoking wonder and awe from your kids as they see themselves in these tales. Or create a truly magical (7) “Kingdom of You” tale by Wonderbly where you can fill your child’s kingdom full of super heroes and even their favorite food. These make perfect gifts and keepsakes!
And More! A few of our other favorite books include:
(10) The Star Wars Little Golden Book Library, which retells each Star Wars movie in a short, kid‐friendly way
clothing + accessories
Here they come to save the day! From capes to kicks, there is a slew of cool super hero and Star Wars gear out there to add to your kid’s collections.
(1) Your little superhero can start the day “up, up and away” with a personalized cape from Etsy shop Super Kid Capes. Personalize with color and initials, and even get a matching cape for Mom or Dad!
(2) If it’s chilly, don’t forget to don this adorable Star Wars snow hat from Hanna Anderson.
(3) Have a little sidekick to dress? It doesn’t get any cuter than these soft‐soled Super Hero Robeez
(5) Or strike a lightsaber pose with this Pretty Fly for a Jedi tee from Etsy store Conch Blossom.
(10) And make sure to keep track all of that crime fighting and galactic battles with a Garmin Vivofit Jr in Star Wars and Super Hero designs – watch the video below to see it in action, and read our full review on this amazing watch and activity tracker in our Non‐Toy Gift Guide: Gifts That Are Practical (But Far From Boring!)
Every aspiring Batman needs a Batcave to escape too. Transform your kid’s room into the super den of their dreams with imaginative décor.
(1) Make Gotham City come alive with this neat Super Hero City wall decal…
(2) or take a trip across space with these Star Wars ships decals from Pottery Barn Kids.
(3) Inspired by LEGO Mini Figures, this bright and cheerful set of eight 8x10 superhero prints includes all the favorites like Spiderman, Ironman and Captain America.
(4) Make a statement and spell out your child’s name with these cool custom super hero letter signs…
(5) or turn your kid into a real super hero with this custom print from Minted.
(8) We also love this set of black and white Star Wars‐inspired quotes.
(9) And these one‐of‐a‐kind Star Wars watercolor art prints from Inkist are full of whimsy and a perfect gift for any Star Wars fan.
(10) For a more grown up look, check out Esty shop Minimalist Prints, which offers a ton of vintage‐inspired movie prints for both super hero and Star Wars characters.
(11) We also love this set of seven movie posters each featuring a Star Wars episode.
(12) And all of the blueprint‐style prints from STANLEYprintHOUSE are so unique and beautifully illustrated.
For bedding, there are so many great options.
(2) For older kids, check out this Darth Vader set from Target.
(6) And to complete your little Jedi’s intergalactic abode, add a Star Wars Kids’ sized Chair, (7) these incredible hand crafted AT‐AT book ends, (8) a Darth Vader nightlight, (9) a unique wooden Star Wars clock or a (10) decorative Star Wars pillow.
In our house, stockings are the best part of Christmas morning. Our kids love discovering the unexpected little gifts that are left hanging by the mantle.
(1) This cool C3PO bookmark will definitely find its way into our stocking this year – maybe tucked into one of the books from earlier in the guide!
(2) A personalized superhero ornament makes a perfect Christmas Eve or Advent Calendar gift.
(4) Get your little super dude holiday ready with these adorable bowties (and scoop up a matching one for Dad!).
(6) These cool graphic Loungefly Star Wars pencil cases will store all their supergalatic school supplies
(10) And true it may not fit in a stocking, but we also love this personalized Super Hero plate to eat breakfast on Christmas morning.
So that’s it friends, some pretty incredible ideas that will get your super kids’ powers charging.
But don’t head off just yet, make sure you check out the other guides from our 2018 What Moms Love Gift Guides For Kids:
- The Best Vehicle Toys For Car, Truck and Construction Junkies
- The Best Building Toys For Kids (From Blocks To Robots)
- The Best Gross Motor Indoor Toys For Active Kids (To Get That Energy Out!)
- The Very Best Babies, Dolls & Doll Accessories For All Ages & Stages
- The Best Doll Houses & Accessories For Your Doll‐Obsessed Girl (or Boy!)
- The Best Princess‐Themed Gifts For Your Little Princess
- 200+ Unique Stocking Stuffers For Babies To Teens (That Aren’t Junk!)
And we’re always working on more guides (coming soon: The Best Personalized Gifts for Kids).
Make sure you don’t miss them by subscribing to our newsletter and we’ll let you know the moment they launch. We’ll also let you know of any exclusive discounts or special deals on any of the toys included on our list:
Become an exclusive subscriber
Join over 300,000 subscribers & social media followers and gain access to exclusive content, freebies, discounts and more!
And if that’s not enough, if you’d prefer to gift something that isn’t a toy but rather an experience that will stay with them for a lifetime, an educational present that can expand their horizons, a fun practical item that can be used every day, or a sentimental treasure with deeper meaning, head over to our Unrivaled Guide To Non‐Toy Gifts. 200+ Presents For Kids Of All Ages (That Aren’t Toys!)
This ultimate guide includes 7 parts:
- Non‐Toy Gifts For Learning & Expanding Horizons
- Non‐Toy Gifts To Spark Creativity, Imagination &Special Interests
- Non‐Toy Gifts That Are Practical (But Far From Boring)
- Non‐Toy Gifts For Making Memories
- Non‐Toy Gifts To Receive In The Mailbox
- The Best Board Games For Kids & Families (That Aren’t Candy Land or Monopoly)
- NOW LIVE! The Best Arts & Crafts Supplies & Gift Ideas for Kids — From Toddlers to Teens
BONUS! FREE PRINTABLE COUPON BOOK
If you haven’t made it to our Making Memories guide yet, we don’t want you to miss out on our free printable coupon book. This includes 12 super fun coupons in Christmas, Hanukkah and Birthday designs that your kids will go gaga over. Plus blank templates for you to personalize your own. These make a wonderful stocking stuffer! Get more details and get the link to download here.